Losi JRX Chassis?!?

Moderator: ToddFalkowski

ToddFalkowski
Business Member
What was your first real rc car?: Tamiya Grasshopper, 1986

Losi JRX Chassis?!?

Post by ToddFalkowski » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:44 am

Hey everyone!

Been asked a handful of times to make a chassis to match the shock towers...

I've looked into it, and done the research. To get the material from a GOOD source (which isn't cheap), I'd have to sell the chassis plates for about $150.00 each... Does that price it out of reality?

Here's what I envision... 30 degree kickup chassis, drilled either short (JRX2 length) or long (JRXT/JRX-Pro). Changes from original would be to drill the servo holes (So y'all don't have to try to drill them yourselves!) move the battery mount the 1/2" or so forward so it accepts a standard 2C LiPo, and then pocket the chassis where the battery would go to alleviate how tight the battery fits into the rear battery box on the rear bulkhead.

I'd probably do a kit with chassis & matching shock towers... Maybe $175.00?
Find me on Facebook! @vintagercparts @f14chassis

LosiXXkid
Approved
What was your first real rc car?: Kyosho Raider

Re: Losi JRX Chassis?!?

Post by LosiXXkid » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am

ToddFalkowski wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:44 am
Hey everyone!

Been asked a handful of times to make a chassis to match the shock towers...

I've looked into it, and done the research. To get the material from a GOOD source (which isn't cheap), I'd have to sell the chassis plates for about $150.00 each... Does that price it out of reality?

Here's what I envision... 30 degree kickup chassis, drilled either short (JRX2 length) or long (JRXT/JRX-Pro). Changes from original would be to drill the servo holes (So y'all don't have to try to drill them yourselves!) move the battery mount the 1/2" or so forward so it accepts a standard 2C LiPo, and then pocket the chassis where the battery would go to alleviate how tight the battery fits into the rear battery box on the rear bulkhead.

I'd probably do a kit with chassis & matching shock towers... Maybe $175.00?
If you consider how rare an original NIP JRX-2 chassis is, and therefore the outrageously high price that a 'seller' might ask for a vintage part, then personally, the price although expensive, isn't too unrealistic but that's just me, others may have a different opinion.

Of all the components, the chassis is probably the one thing that guys will hold out for in terms of a new build. Most of the plastic parts are still available if you look hard enough or if you are prepared to pay a 'King's Ransom' for some of the more elusive parts. IIRC, the price of an original JRX-2 composite chassis was around $100 when the JRX-2 was all new so $150 for a new CF option doesn't seem all that far off.
~I'm a lot older now than I was then and wish that I knew then what I know now~

RCveteran
What was your first real rc car?: Tamiya Hornet

Post by RCveteran » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:57 pm

Just noticed this, did it ever go anywhere?

Peakey
Approved
What was your first real rc car?: Tamiya Bigfoot

Post by Peakey » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:19 pm

I'd be interested too!

Return to “Vintage RC Parts”