NIB Sealed Original 1989 JRX2 Build Thread

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

huminski
Approved Member

Re: NIB Sealed Original 1989 JRX2 Build Thread

Post by huminski »

Nice! However this is no laughing matter. I already have plenty of socks. This is useless to me.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Well to be fair, huminski, you *did* mention on page 2 that this thread started out as a joke. ;)

Socks or rocks, which would've been better? :?
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

huminski
Approved Member

Post by huminski »

Between the two, I would take the socks over the rocks. Unless the rocks are like diamonds or something. Then the rocks. All other forseeable scenarios, the socks.

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

Life is like a box of socklets - You never know what You´re going to get
Gone fishing

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

huminski wrote:All at once I was horrified and thrilled. And then it hit me, I can finally silence all those bozos on 10talk that said it was probably just full of rocks.

So I opened up.

And turns out the guys were right. But it wasn't rocks.

Not a box of rocks....... IT WAS A BOX OF SOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so pissed right now...............
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

huminski
Approved Member

Post by huminski »

So a couple of you have been pm'ing me like little school girls asking me all kinds of interesting questions. Don't worry, I get it lol.

One of you really summed up my feelings on opening this box up..... thank you for that.

Without further delay, no, it was not in fact a box of socks.

I lifted the top off the box, placed it down, and snapped this pic. Exactly as it looked when opened.

:)
Attachments
NIBX2_04.jpg
NIBX2_05.jpg
NIBX2_06.jpg
NIBX2_07.jpg

huminski
Approved Member

Post by huminski »

Wheels are the version I wanted. Orange orange. Not light orange. Not red orange. Orange orange. First thing I looked at when the cover came off. So happy.

The transmission plate is a no-stamp! Could not believe it.

The rear shock tower is the solid version.

Metal outdrive spacers.

Two-hole rear shock 5-link sections.

Perfect condition, no rust, no water damage, no nothing. Everything is here, and perfect.

Manual is 800-0001 Rev A.

I feel a peace now knowing exactly what was in there. :)

Am pretty certain that I will not open this one any further at this point.

But hey....... you never know. :)
Attachments
NIBX2_08.jpg

huminski
Approved Member

Post by huminski »

One more shot, here is the entire kit laid out.

Such an awesome feeling to be able to see and hold all this untouched history.
Attachments
NIBX2_11.jpg

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Nice!!!!!!! That's awesome

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Very cool! Now you know....and knowing is half the battle!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

I like it, Alot!!!! Very cool! 8)

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Up-close chassis pics!!!

JPAE07
Approved Member

Post by JPAE07 »

Enough of the JRX-blah blah blah....

Now how about more pics of the socks.
Will you put them in the BST? I'll take a pair as long as they are new and fresh.

License2iLL
Approved Member

Post by License2iLL »

:cry: I can't believe you exposed all that to this low quality air. Those manuals are already turning yellow.

How dare you ?

It was your duty to protect this rare gem.

When you broke through the plastic you broke the enchantment.

May the old losi gods have mercy on you.
Glad to be back in this hobby so many many years later. To see new things and to recollect on ALL cool vintage models!
As well as to BUILD :
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=27591
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33429

uniquenamehere
Approved Member

Post by uniquenamehere »

Awesome!

Now build it... DO IT!