Losi XXT CR Graphite Plus build

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Lavigna

Re: Losi XXT CR Graphite Plus - Re-Rebuild

Post by Lavigna »

shoman24v wrote:Looks great, shame they lost that original finish! But, they look damn sexy :mrgreen:
Thanks. I did not see any finish on them, and that is the reason I decided to polish them up a little. I tested a small area first, and it did not seem to have any finish. The small, intricate milling lines are still there. I made sure not to polish too much.

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

I am very happy to have found this Holeshot Racing Products aluminum rear pivot plate.

I believe they fit, but am not absolutely sure yet. The transmission is a very tight fit, but the arms mount up perfectly. I am not a big fan of the anodized blue parts, but I wanted to use an aluminum pivot, so this is a great fit.

I also may (very much a maybe) have found someone with a Jammin front brace. Beside Hog Drives, this would be the shining jewel of this build. I won't know for a few days, but I have all fingers and toes crossed for this one!
Attachments
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture.JPG

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

lavigna wrote:I also may (very much a maybe) have found someone with a Jammin front brace. Beside Hog Drives, this would be the shining jewel of this build. I won't know for a few days, but I have all fingers and toes crossed for this one!
Good find - I agree they are pretty special and do not come about very often!

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

I am posting the reply from member Jamin, in response to my question about TiNitride hinge pins for the front lower bulkhead, and rear inner hinge pins. I was having a hard time locating the correct sizes for these locations, and he was able to help a bunch. Hopefully, this info can help someone else down the line.

You cannot get the lower hinge pin in Ti Nitride. You either have to use the original steel version, the titanium version from Lunsford or get the equivalent length Ti Nitrided shaft (LOSA6088 I think) and dremel the groove yourself - that would be cool!

For the rear inner hinge pins I used part LOSA6092 for both my buggy and truck. It has a single groove in one end for the e-clip. See these links below:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18991&start=195#p188842

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20539&start=45#p272354

Info like this is better placed in your build thread as it can potentially help others in the same situation. Feel free to post this conversation in there.

Hope this all helps!

shoman24v
Approved Member

Post by shoman24v »

That black pivot plate is extremely cool. I did know they made that outside of Trinity parts.

The Jammin front brace is nice, I have one on my XX which really is the shining jem on the car.

Can't wait to see how the build finishes.
| XXT | XXT 'CR' Graphite Plus | RC10T | RC10T2 | RC10 World's Re-release | HPI Blitz ESE | Schumacher SV2 |

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

Jammin - I have come across another hinge pin problem. I bought 2 new sets of coated Losi LOSA6082 hinge pins (3/32 x 1.05") however the ones I got actually measure 1.15 in length. This makes them too long for the front axle/spindle connection, and front outer arm connection.

Did I just happen across an wrong lot of parts, or are the new LOSA6082 all 1.15" in length? If you have any extra of these parts, would you measure them and see what length yours are? Both of the sets I bought are newer, with the new Losi logo.

Thanks for any help.

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

lavigna wrote:Jammin - I have come across another hinge pin problem. I bought 2 new sets of coated Losi LOSA6082 hinge pins (3/32 x 1.05") however the ones I got actually measure 1.15 in length. This makes them too long for the front axle/spindle connection, and front outer arm connection.

Did I just happen across an wrong lot of parts, or are the new LOSA6082 all 1.15" in length? If you have any extra of these parts, would you measure them and see what length yours are? Both of the sets I bought are newer, with the new Losi logo.

Thanks for any help.
LOSA6082 are definitely the ones you want - Just checked my build photos (although not posted) and that was what I used. LOSA6081 (the next shortest) will be too short for the truck, but fit the buggy.

Have you actually tried to fit them? 1.05" compared to 1.15" is not that much (0.1" or 2.5mm to us Brits!) - Losi might be measuring groove to groove, not overall length. I can measure mine up later when I get home - but I think you've got the correct ones.

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

Jammin - They can still work, but are definitely too long and don't look right. The picture below shows the pin installed, with the instruction manual reference below.

For the front steering, I ordered a set of King pins, which should solve this problem, and is true to the CR Graphite + truck I am building anyway.

As for the rear, I ordered another set of LOSA6082. This set has the vintage tags, and is hopefully the correct length. The 1.05" measurement is the end to end measurement. Again, the 2 sets I had both measured 1.15" end to end. It doesn't sound like much, but it actually make a big difference.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

That is odd - I'll have to check mine tonight, I don't remember them being that long. If you are using the king pin ball studs - what about the hinge pin length for the wishbone/hub carrier - is that too long also?

In fact, you can just about see in this link/picture that the hinge pin lengths look fine on my build (for the wishbone/hub) - i'll get measuring tonight for you!

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20539&start=45#p280295

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

1.15" is definitely wrong for LOSA6082 - The ones on my truck measure as described on the header card 1.05" (full length):
IMG_0725.JPG

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

Jammin - I received my new set of LOSA6082 today, and they are the correct length. I just got a bad batch last time. Anyway, perhaps their odd length will come in handy with another build down the road.

Do you or anyone else know where to find grey/black colored foam things? I saw them on a build on here, pm'd the owner, but never heard back. In the thread he listed them as Kyosho, but I wasn't able to find anything in searching for them. I think a dark color would look nice on this build. Thanks.

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

lavigna wrote:Jammin - I received my new set of LOSA6082 today, and they are the correct length. I just got a bad batch last time. Anyway, perhaps their odd length will come in handy with another build down the road.
That was a pain and most unfortunate, glad that its sorted now though.

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

I am continuing to add the parts needed before I can rebuild.

A huge thank you to Jay Halsey! After months of searching for a JAMMIN front brace without any luck, I reached out to Jay to see if he happened to have the part. Jay has always been a RC hero of mine. He could not have been more kind and generous to me. He searched his shop for the part, found one, and mailed it to me. As luck would have it, right after speaking with Jay, I found another brace for sale. I couldn't pass it up, so I went from none to 2 quickly.

Jammin continue to make amazing RC products, and I cannot thank him enough for all he did for me. It is too cool to have reached out and had such a great experience with an RC God I have loved since I was 12 years old.

I also acquired another XXT Graphite. It is 99% brand new, and I got it for a very great price. I didn't need it, but I couldn't turn it down either, lol. I plan to make a few small changes to it, and add a few aftermarket pieces, but I does not need much. Everything but the outdrives are brand new, and I have some Barracudas coming to replace them. I have gone crazy getting all these parts, but I'm in too deep to stop now, lol.

Excited to start these builds, just waiting on the remaining parts.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG
Capture4.JPG

shoman24v
Approved Member

Post by shoman24v »

Looks like the group is helping you out a bit :mrgreen:

Looks like you scored one of the 8017's I recently sold :mrgreen:

Glad to see everything coming along nicely!!!
| XXT | XXT 'CR' Graphite Plus | RC10T | RC10T2 | RC10 World's Re-release | HPI Blitz ESE | Schumacher SV2 |

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

shoman24v wrote:Looks like the group is helping you out a bit :mrgreen:

Looks like you scored one of the 8017's I recently sold :mrgreen:

Glad to see everything coming along nicely!!!
Yes, the group is really helping me drain my account, lol! Chad has been great. Got a bunch of parts still coming.

Can't seem to crack the MK1 plate or XL chassis yet though.