XX CR Kinwald

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Trackingz
Approved Member

XX CR Kinwald

Post by Trackingz »

I used to race a losi xx back in the day it was the last buggy i owned before a long break from racing i always raced losi from my jrx through to the xx. I started back up racing 2-3 years ago and bought a Rc10 must say i love rc10's but still wanted another losi :-) i was really lucky to pick up this XX a few months a go it was a bit of a gamble as it was the other side the world and advertised as a losi xx Dune buggy. It took a few weeks to get hear and got stung on import duty and royal mail handling fee but so glad when it turned up, it came with the Trinity D2 and a Airtronics servo so was nice surprised, no body wing or wheels and fe other small parts missing. I have nearly finished the restore and still love losi :-) i just finished painting the body used spray cans so is not perfect and need to get some decals!
Formerly known as veeza

isles1
Approved Member

Re: XX CR Kinwald

Post by isles1 »

Looks good! You need some blue springs for the rear. Use the blue Losi xxx rear springs if you cannot track down the correct blue BK "pink" rate rears.

Splat!
Approved Member

Post by Splat! »

Nice, clean buggy. The XX Kinwald is one of my absolute favorites!

Well done!
TEAM LOSI/TRINITY
SPLAT! GRAPHICS

Trackingz
Approved Member

Post by Trackingz »

all finished
Formerly known as veeza

Moggie XL
Approved Member

Post by Moggie XL »

Very nice I love the old Losi Trinity combination and the shell looks nice too. :D

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Nicely done.Next one you need let me know :lol: i got 5 and parts :lol: DON

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

That's a great job! Did you get the stickers made up - they look too bright to be the ones that came with the kit.

Trackingz
Approved Member

Post by Trackingz »

Thanks for the feedback i have got another losi xx to race with, i have race a rc10 world rere last 2 years and thought it was time for a change and when i used to race 20 plus years ago always ran losi :-) I got the stickers from place in Canada Mci racing http://mciracing.ca/products/blank-cadba395-7c0d-4594-a0b8-874b13be073e.
I have friend who is looking for a losi xx cr kinwald they are getting harder to find now.
Formerly known as veeza

Trackingz
Approved Member

Post by Trackingz »

My race xx cr still few bits to sort out, cant wait to get it on a track :-)
Formerly known as veeza

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

veeza wrote:Thanks for the feedback i have got another losi xx to race with, i have race a rc10 world rere last 2 years and thought it was time for a change and when i used to race 20 plus years ago always ran losi :-) I got the stickers from place in Canada Mci racing http://mciracing.ca/products/blank-cadba395-7c0d-4594-a0b8-874b13be073e.
I have friend who is looking for a losi xx cr kinwald they are getting harder to find now.
That's brilliant, thanks. I assume you kept the original colours and did not change any?

I am lucky enough to have a NIB Kinwald - I wasn't going to do the body, but if this sticker sheet comes out with better colours I may well do!

Zac_F71
Approved Member

Post by Zac_F71 »

VERY nice XX! Very similar to mine! Can I ask where you got the blue aluminum nuts on the shocks/wheels?

Trackingz
Approved Member

Post by Trackingz »

jamin wrote:
veeza wrote:Thanks for the feedback i have got another losi xx to race with, i have race a rc10 world rere last 2 years and thought it was time for a change and when i used to race 20 plus years ago always ran losi :-) I got the stickers from place in Canada Mci racing http://mciracing.ca/products/blank-cadba395-7c0d-4594-a0b8-874b13be073e.
That's brilliant, thanks. I assume you kept the original colours and did not change any?

I am lucky enough to have a NIB Kinwald - I wasn't going to do the body, but if this sticker sheet comes out with better colours I may well do!

NIB Kinwald wow very nice, I bought the sticker sheet as is without changing the colours my camera does make them seem bright colours some i was hoping to get the rainbow novak sticker but not found any yet as on B Kinwald xx he raced at the world.
Formerly known as veeza

Trackingz
Approved Member

Post by Trackingz »

Zac_F71 wrote:VERY nice XX! Very similar to mine! Can I ask where you got the blue aluminum nuts on the shocks/wheels?
On the first xxcr kinwald they are the ones that it came with
the second xx my race buggy they are team associated
https://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/6937-ASC6937-ft_locknuts_blue_aluminum_4-40/
https://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/6943-ASC6943-ft_locknuts_blue_aluminum_8-32/
Formerly known as veeza

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

veeza wrote:
jamin wrote:

NIB Kinwald wow very nice, I bought the sticker sheet as is without changing the colours my camera does make them seem bright colours some i was hoping to get the rainbow novak sticker but not found any yet as on B Kinwald xx he raced at the world.
I may have to try them - they look a better match for the fluo yellow paint I would use - the kit sticker sheet is more a fluo green!

sunshineFC3s

Post by sunshineFC3s »

That looks really great! keep it up!