Losi XXT CR Graphite Plus - Parts Collection

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Lavigna

Losi XXT CR Graphite Plus - Parts Collection

Post by Lavigna »

Hi. This will be my second XXT CR Graphite Plus shelfer build. I also have a thread on my XXT CR Graphite Plus runner build. those threads can be found here:

Shelfer build #1 - http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=40153

Runner build - http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=41417

I have been collecting parts for this build for a couple of years. Finding the NIB Graphite XL chassis, NIB body, NIB Jammin brace, and NIB Hog Bones were very difficult. It makes it so rewarding when you finally find a rare part, and can put all the pieces together. This picture shows all the parts that will go into this particular build. Everything is brand new. I began assembling a few things, like the transmission, front arms, and shocks before I decided I wanted to collect everything new in the package first. A few small items I put back into their package after opening. I love the look of the vintage Losi and aftermarket parts when they are new in their package. I think it would look cool to somehow make a display of everything needed to complete the truck, in their original packaging. That may be a crazy idea though.

I am very close to having everything needed to complete the truck. Just a few small items remain, and I may try to put the assembled parts back into their packages, for completeness. Enjoy the build (or unbuild).
Attachments
Capture2.JPG

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Re: Losi XXT CR Graphite Plus - Build #2

Post by LosiXXkid »

lavigna wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:24 pm Hi. This will be my second XXT CR Graphite Plus shelfer build. I also have a thread on my XXT CR Graphite Plus runner build. those threads can be found here:

I have been collecting parts for this build for a couple of years. Finding the NIB Graphite XL chassis, NIB body, NIB Jammin brace, and NIB Hog Bones were very difficult. It makes it so rewarding when you finally find a rare part, and can put all the pieces together. This picture shows all the parts that will go into this particular build. Everything is brand new. I began assembling a few things, like the transmission, front arms, and shocks before I decided I wanted to collect everything new in the package first. A few small items I put back into their package after opening. I love the look of the vintage Losi and aftermarket parts when they are new in their package. I think it would look cool to somehow make a display of everything needed to complete the truck, in their original packaging. That may be a crazy idea though.

I am very close to having everything needed to complete the truck. Just a few small items remain, and I may try to put the assembled parts back into their packages, for completeness. Enjoy the build (or unbuild).
Wow! Now that's cool. 8)

There's definitely something special about having all those NIP parts for a new build. If it were me though, I'd have difficulty in opening them all up.... :lol:
~I'm a lot older now than I was then and wish that I knew then what I know now~

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

LosiXXkid wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:57 pm
lavigna wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:24 pm Hi. This will be my second XXT CR Graphite Plus shelfer build. I also have a thread on my XXT CR Graphite Plus runner build. those threads can be found here:

Wow! Now that's cool. 8)

There's definitely something special about having all those NIP parts for a new build. If it were me though, I'd have difficulty in opening them all up.... :lol:
Me too, lol. That is why I want to come up with a way to display them all together in their original packages. I would like to find an original G+ box someday as well.

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Post by LosiXXkid »

Has this been started yet or are you still waiting for parts? :D
(Or have you changed your mind altogether?! :wink: )
~I'm a lot older now than I was then and wish that I knew then what I know now~

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

I have acquired a few more parts. I already have all the parts needed, but there are some small pieces that I want to get NIP, so that the entire truck is there in new pieces. I dont think I will be building this one for awhile. I really like the idea of having all the parts, including some very hard to find NIP stock and aftermarket parts all in one box. I think I may try to find a XXT G Plus box for the final piece.
Attachments
Capture1.JPG

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

This build has since become an ultimate collection of XXT CR Graphite and aftermarket parts. Everything NIP.

When complete, it will contain not only every stock XXT part, but also every aftermarket part. Even covering all color options offered, and electronics. I want to eventually build a complete set of parts that would be like stepping back into a hobby shop in the 90's.

Some of the highlights include:

All XXT CR Graphite parts NIP
AMR Hog Bones
MK1 milled motor plate in silver & red (still need purple)
Trinity D2 Kinwald motor NIP
Trinity front bulkhead NIP
Fantom rear bulkhead in blue & purple (still need silver)
Novak Mercury esc NIP
Airtronics Caliber radio NIP

Still hunting for the following items:

Novak Cyclone esc NIP
Novak Pit Wizard NIP
MIP shock bottoms NIP
Racers Edge front hinge pin brace in RED
HG front & rear carriers
Original XXT CR Graphite box

These pictures show many but not all of the parts collected. It has taken a long time and a lot invested to get to this point. I'm not sure exactly why I am doing this, other than I am a huge fan of this vintage, model, and the support g aftermarket parts. Maybe some day my son will sit down and build up an amazing XXT from the collection.
Attachments
Screenshot_20191207-225746_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191207-225829_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191207-225847_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191207-225910_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191207-225933_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191207-225951_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191207-230008_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191207-230025_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191207-230049_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191207-230106_Gallery.jpg