SX3

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

BMKTW2
Approved Member

SX3

Post by BMKTW2 »

I got this SX3 used on the forums a few months ago.
I paid 180 for it and extra parts. One of the best upgrades it has on it is the Bando belts...

First thing was to tare it down:
Once everything was taken from the chassis, I noticed some damage:
I decided to buy a new S1 chassis but assemble the car as is and experiment with it

I cleaned the diffs, they were black inside. One of the diffs is missing the red o-rings on both sides. Other than that they cleaned up nice, I re-oiled them up and run smooth as can be. They feel a little tight at 90deg out so I put them a little past that but still they still feel a bit tighter than what I'm used to with the open gear diffs. The shocks were grey almost black inside. One of the shock caps was cross threaded and another shock has gouges in the shaft and the gold is waring off the shafts. I'd say this buggy has seen some use.

I put it together with a cheap electronic combo just for testing purposes.

Got new body, wheels and tires

Wired everything up... a serious task:
Then I raced around the track with a 19 tooth gear on the 8.5T sensor motor 45amp esc 5200mah 2s.
The car ran great. The first thing I did was raise the ride height because it was bottoming out. Then it was running great until I noticed the slipper clutch going. I took the car off the track and inspected it and found it was dirt packed into the cogs and ball diff gear the rear pulley it was all clogged up causing the belt to become extra tight. Need an undertray!!!

I placed an order for a bunch of odd and end stuff including an undertray an S1 chassis speedpro combo and more.
Got all new electronics:
turnigy 1258tg savox clone, speedpro ESC motor combo 7.5 turn ... man what a mission this is to install...

Here is the finished product:
Finished wiring! The body fits without touching anywhere. I'm very pleased. Cant wait to try it out!
I have new schumachers but this used old one is more affordable and performs top notch still. schumacher is constantly comming out with new models and their older ones are stll great machines.

Peakey
Approved Member

Re: SX3

Post by Peakey »

Hi pal
I have a sx3 it was the first one I bought when I got back into Rc and it is a great car but it's got no room to fit everything in. I have stripped and refitted everything two or three times to get it how I want it I've even just bought a micro rx to make it easier.

Do you have the manual ? If not get on to Raceing-cars.com and download it in the back there is a very handy gearing chart and setup info

BMKTW2
Approved Member

Post by BMKTW2 »

Peakey wrote:Hi pal
I have a sx3 it was the first one I bought when I got back into Rc and it is a great car but it's got no room to fit everything in. I have stripped and refitted everything two or three times to get it how I want it I've even just bought a micro rx to make it easier.

Do you have the manual ? If not get on to Raceing-cars.com and download it in the back there is a very handy gearing chart and setup info
I got the revington pro and the X-Car esc to fit. The wires have to be routed perfect and the clearance is tight
Yes I do have the manual. It was included as was the box and spare parts.

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

I've just got a speed passion gt2 pro Esc and a sp 5.5 at the min but I'm gonna put a 4.5 in. I've just got to re soldering all the cables black to look neater, But I'm a bit tide up finding parts for the Procat to do anything els at the min but when I get chance I'll get some pics up so you can see pal.

But like I said they are a great car for the money very well made. Like I said the gearing chart in the back is very useful as from what I found there is more gearing potential with the sx3 than the k1

BMKTW2
Approved Member

Post by BMKTW2 »

Test drove the SX3 today with the new electronics. Everything was super smooth and very faast!
Some minor tuning to the suspension and I think it might be my fastest buggy!

BMKTW2
Approved Member

Post by BMKTW2 »

[youtube]watch?v=MFl1Suh-f80[/youtube]

mamadoesntletme
Approved Member

Post by mamadoesntletme »

i love the sx3, would love to have one!