Schumacher Nitro 10 Mk II

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Netto

Schumacher Nitro 10 Mk II

Post by Netto »

Hello there

I’m posting on behalf of my husband for a bit of advice please.

He’s recently acquired an old Schumacher Nitro 10 MkII, and is hoping to get it back up and running. We’ve brought a few bits from Schumacher (silencer, pull start and a body shell), but the car is missing an exhaust. Schumacher no longer sell them. Would anyone be able to suggest somewhere I can either get one for this car, or an alternative that would fit (he can do some minor tweeks if need be, but we’re not really set up for major works).

Any suggestions or advice (apart from binning it, we’ve already spent money on bits :oops: !!) gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance!

Annette
2015-05-16 19.57.07 (Medium) (Small).jpg

jwscab

Re: Schumacher Nitro 10 Mk II

Post by jwscab »

welcome to the forums......your best bet is to keep an eye peeled on ebay, or do some digging here for a possible substitute. I'm not well versed in Schumacher or nitro engine stuff so give it a little time, the schumacher/nitro experts will chime in with some potential solutions.

you may be able to change the exhaust port to something easier to find, but your best option is to learn as much as you can(or your husband, I suppose) in order to learn what will fit or won't.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Annette,

I'm away from home at the moment, but will be back tomorrow night, and can offer more advice then... but to get you started:

Here's a picture and write-up of one of mine: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=67777&sid=154
(ignore the wheels and tyres!)

If you have the silencer (big round silver 'can'), then the exhaust itself is just a length of rubber pipe, bent to go through the rear shock tower. If you can't sort something, I should have a spare somewhere...

I have manuals and many parts available for these.... my favourite vehicle!

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Netto

Post by Netto »

Hi Both

Many thanks for your replies.

*Incredible_Serious* Husband is having a read of your site - I think he has Nitro envy! :D

Unfortunately we don't have the round silencer; Schumacher gave us the part number and when we ordered it sent the silencer pictured below. As you can probably tell, it's pretty useless like that! We were kind of expecting the round bit, and then going to sort an exhaust to sit on that!

If you do have anything that would get it going, we'd both be really grateful, and happy to pay via paypal/bank transfer etc.

And I thought getting bits for full size classic cars was hard ....! :lol:
Attachments
2015-06-24 22.33.03 (Small).jpg

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Netto wrote:Hi Both

Many thanks for your replies.

*Incredible_Serious* Husband is having a read of your site - I think he has Nitro envy! :D

Unfortunately we don't have the round silencer; Schumacher gave us the part number and when we ordered it sent the silencer pictured below. As you can probably tell, it's pretty useless like that! We were kind of expecting the round bit, and then going to sort an exhaust to sit on that!

If you do have anything that would get it going, we'd both be really grateful, and happy to pay via paypal/bank transfer etc.

And I thought getting bits for full size classic cars was hard ....! :lol:
Ahhh... okay, now I see what they've done. Instead of the standard Nitro 10 Irvine 15 part, they've sent the tuned pipe version.

Never fear, will have a hunt around and show you what you need when I get home tomorrow....

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Netto

Post by Netto »

That would be amazing, thank you! :)

(hubby outside now washing the wheels - yours has put him to shame, although ours did come from the local refuse tip iirc!)

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Annette,

It took a few days, but I found the manifold.... here's the pictures and instruction details: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=126826

Alex
Osiris is the key.

Netto

Post by Netto »

That's great, thank you, appreciate you going to the effort for us :)

Either way at least we know what we're looking for and how it all fits together, and gives me some more things to search on (not quite sure how I've ended up doing all the leg work mind!! :roll: ).

I'll get this thing running if it kills me! :lol:

Annette