Any info on this little car and motor?

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RCDAD

Any info on this little car and motor?

Post by RCDAD »

So my wife picked this car up for 15$ yesterday at a local auction, it came from an unpaid storage locker and no other RC parts or boxes
were found with it. It appears to have been run maybe a handful if times. There are no scratches that I can see aside from a few scuffs
on the wheel plastic and only a little dirt much of which seems to be dust.

The battery pack is functional and took a charge, all cells got slightly warm and did so evenly. The motor is very clean, no signs of dust
or wear both inside and out.. VERY CLEAN if this car is as old as I think it is :D

The motor says CAM SUPER MODIFIED 11TD speed controller is TEKIN and the steering servo says FEC PS-703 KO PROPO the receiver
KR-285A. Batteries are 1700mAh Panasonic P-170 scr. There are no markings on the chassis, bumper or mounts.

Any info on this car? possible worth as well? It appears to be somewhat rare and I know parts get pricey when this is the case.
I may just sell it and get something a bit newer with the $ but am undecided as I love vintage RC stuff.

Id love to get some history on this and cant seem to find much on the motor or definitive model of the car other than my best guess it being
a Schumacher BOSSCAT.

Appreciate any help :)
Attachments
DSC00025.JPG
DSC00024.JPG
DSC00023.JPG
DSC00022.JPG
DSC00021.JPG
DSC00020.JPG
DSC00019.JPG
DSC00018.JPG
DSC00017.JPG
DSC00016.JPG

RCDAD

Re: Any info on this little car and motor?

Post by RCDAD »

anybody?? :?:

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Bosscat Works edition.... worth more than $15. Nice pickup, certainly. Great cars to run. Not rare necessarily, but a nice vintage runner.

As for what it's worth, this link should give you everything you need to know, especially #10: http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=154

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

RCDAD

Post by RCDAD »

Thanks... What I mean when I ask its worth is if I should give it to my 6 and 7yo to bash up by rare, are the
parts going to be hard to find and way overpriced... Not to many parts on ebay let a lone a complete car. I had
found a post I think in this forum saying to buy up the parts while they last.. even had a list of stuff for sale on ebay.

15$ for sure a deal... Last year I scored a pair of Emit K studio speakers for 3$ They sell used for 600$ US per speaker lol

Any idea what year this car is?

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

If You paid 15 usd for the entire buggy, there´s a small chance you´ll find the parts overpriced.
If You want to know the value, put it on ebay - Here You´ll get the actual price.

I´m not going to help You putting Your add together :mrgreen:
Gone fishing

Typpo
Approved Member

Post by Typpo »

I am not very familiar with the Schumacher kits of that vintage but the following link may help you place the year.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4767&start=30#p96885

As for parts availability, there seems to always be select parts that are difficult to obtain/expensive. Given the age of the kit and depending on your region, there is a good chance that is the case here.

Also, a modern kit with good parts support is the best choice for a seven year old.

RCDAD

Post by RCDAD »

Typpo wrote:I am not very familiar with the Schumacher kits of that vintage but the following link may help you place the year.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4767&start=30#p96885

As for parts availability, there seems to always be select parts that are difficult to obtain/expensive. Given the age of the kit and depending on your region, there is a good chance that is the case here.

Also, a modern kit with good parts support is the best choice for a seven year old.

Much appreciated, thanks.. So according to that list this would be a 1993?? Im shocked the tires and drive belt are not crumbs lol

That is the issue at hand, parts seem scarce but I guess I will decide based on how she runs. I can make most parts on my mill and lathe
and my local hobby shop always seems to have that hard to find parts for gears and such.. So far im liking the low weight of the carbon chassis
and mounts 8)

My kids are getting very good at control, I started them off on a stadium truck with the controller set to 30% throttle lol

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

personally I'm all about the runners but at this point I'd be against letting my 14 year old daughter run it. I've gotter her something newer and easier to find parts for. I did this for the purpose of keeping her interested. She breaks a part and I have to wait for it to come in via finding it first then waiting for the mail then she's onto something else and lost interest.

As for the price...yes, you got a great deal but like Dennis mentioned above...you are going to find the parts overpriced. That first part you break and need to pay more than you paid for the car for that single piece is gonna suck. I speak from experience on that one. :lol:

need more pics... 8)

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

RCDAD

Post by RCDAD »

@klavy69

lol this is precisely why I ask what the value is.. If this car would only be worth say $50. used then not only would I not
bother and just part it out, but I certainly would not spend $ or time on it.

Ive seen this car sell for 250- 400$ in old ebay auctions just for the roller and no motor. I base what I will spend on the
cars value, not base it on what I paid at an auction. The price I got it for was sheer luck and I do not use it for a reference.

For me the value of the car and any history on it ie personal experience, little factoids and rumor all give an idea if its worth keeping
and hunting down parts.

When I get it cleaned up I will take some shots with my digital SLR. I used my daughters cam the other day because mine was dead..
but will definitely add some more.

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

Your not going to get an estimate of value here. Its a rule about no such topics except in the BST section. Keeps the information forums cleaner.