How rare are yokomo wheels?

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Dual
Approved Member

Re: How rare are yokomo wheels?

Post by Dual »

There are three different size Team Yokomo options for the rear of your 870C or Team Associated/Yokomo imported YZ10. The front wheels for the 870C also have a different off set compared to the newer "Works" cars. If wanted, I can show you that as well. :)
Nice set of rims Aaron. I have never seen the Roar versions in the pink colour. Very nice.

Vin

aip47-2008
Approved Member

Post by aip47-2008 »

Dual wrote:
There are three different size Team Yokomo options for the rear of your 870C or Team Associated/Yokomo imported YZ10. The front wheels for the 870C also have a different off set compared to the newer "Works" cars. If wanted, I can show you that as well. :)
Nice set of rims Aaron. I have never seen the Roar versions in the pink colour. Very nice.

Vin

Thanks Vin! Took awhile to find some of these.

Below I also have a set of the Stock front wheels in comparison to a set of the Roar 2.15 inch front wheels with the correct off set for the 870C.

I'm not sure that the 2.2 inch versions exist, but I would have to think so. :)

Minisforever
Approved Member

Post by Minisforever »

Wow Aaron you defiantly have a few sets of new wheels :shock: ......and knowledge of vintage yokomo/associated too. I'm not as knowledgable, so I kind of cheated and found a blog that has good info on old yokomo wheels. Hope this might help with some that are in the hunt for a certain yoke wheel http://59burst.blogspot.com/2010/12/wheels-and-tires-for-yz-834b.html

aip47-2008
Approved Member

Post by aip47-2008 »

Minisforever wrote:Wow Aaron you defiantly have a few sets of new wheels :shock: ......and knowledge of vintage yokomo/associated too. I'm not as knowledgable, so I kind of cheated and found a blog that has good info on old yokomo wheels. Hope this might help with some that are in the hunt for a certain yoke wheel http://59burst.blogspot.com/2010/12/wheels-and-tires-for-yz-834b.html

He is also a Freind of mine, fellow member of RC10Talk and all around great guy! :D

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

Thats a very interesting blog, and really helps clarify the wheel issue.

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

jwscab wrote:I had to make a set of wider hubs for my car, and made a few sets for someone else quite a while back.
I was the lucky one that got a set of hubs from Jake for my 870C, they made the job very easy.

I tried a number of other option with no real success.

Here is a link to my build thread, there are quite a few links to other threads in it that discuss other options.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=19810
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

_timmy_
Approved Member

Post by _timmy_ »

I've been having a bit of a clear out and came across a set of nip wheels that came with a battered up works 91 i picked up about 18 months ago for parts. The fronts are ZC-800 narrow fronts, not sure about the rears as they are missing the header card. After reading this thread am i right in thinking these are too early to be for a works car? and is there an easy way to find out what the rears are? thanks

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

Pretty sure the zc 800 are narrow 2.0 diameter intended for 870c, and for use on 2wd buggies front. ZC 801 would be standard width 2.0 diameter front.

flustorm99
Approved Member

Post by flustorm99 »

The 1.9/ 2" wheels are for the front and rear of the 870/early yz10...i think it then went to 2.1 for 91 and then 2.2 for the 93 works models( there is another thread somewhere on here with this info)...as you go up the models the offset in the wheels gets shallower too and is pretty much gone by the 93 due to the much wider arms and smaller hubs used..thats why u can slap the JC rims on the later models...u can do this for the earlier ones but u have to play around with different size hubs...i have tried it all..believe me...many times...i think in the end i went back to the standard rims on the 870's as i lost a centimetre ot two on the overall width of the wheel base..it will work but just make sure the front and rear widths of your wheel base are the same otherwise your car will roll alot easier if the rear is not as wide as the front...again i found out the hard way...:)...also with smaller wheels u may lose some top end speed but i run 9t brushless and gear the pinons/spurs right down and its still very quick...thats enough of my ramblin..hope it helps...:)

Welshy40
Approved Member

Post by Welshy40 »

Got the part numbers for the yokomo 870c rear wheels, as im on the hunt for a pair.
Designer of the Lazer ZX / ZXR Tub Chassis (now available again from Fibre-Lyte)

Sponser links below
http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/
http://www.kamtec.co.uk/

aip47-2008
Approved Member

Post by aip47-2008 »

Welshy40 wrote:Got the part numbers for the yokomo 870c rear wheels, as im on the hunt for a pair.

Here are the three deep off-set wheels with there part numbers left to right that would fit the 870c and the RC10.

ZC-805 / ZC-825 / ZC-835