Its a Yz-10 - but which one?

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Sticks

Its a Yz-10 - but which one?

Post by Sticks »

Hello chaps,

Scored a beauty on Gumtree this week - was hoping someone could identify it for me.

ta in advance

Sticks
Attachments
IMG_3804.JPG
IMG_3806.JPG
IMG_3805.JPG
IMG_3803.JPG

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Re: Its a Yz-10 - but which one?

Post by rccars4sal »

95 model. Im not sure if it was called wcs, or works...Sometimes called a Pavidis yz10. Can be upgraded to 97 spec. Last of the yz10 models before mx4 came out. Fairly rare, highly sought after.

Sticks

Post by Sticks »

wow, that was quick!

thanks for taking the time to respond

Sticks

eco8gator
Approved Member

Post by eco8gator »

Its a 95 (Mark) Pavidis YZ10.

Great car.

One observation, I expected the steering rack to use a carbon plate vs that bent wire.

I wish I could be lucky and score stuff at a good price...I had to sell my soul to score my 3x 94 YZ10's but man do they look sharp in my man cave:)

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

I bought into yoks when they were cheap. Current prices are ridiculous. Could get a nice fishing boat for yz10 prices.

eco8gator
Approved Member

Post by eco8gator »

Hello

I wish I would have seen the light back in the day to buy up a few Yoks.

They cost a small fortune right now.

A NIB kit just sold for around 800 bucks on eBay. Before that I bought up the last 2x 94 yoks on eBay and another one due an inquire based on a picture in an ad on eBay.

I am absolutely amazed at how durable this car is...and when setup correctly it is very fast. I will say that it will roast rear belts with a brushless setup without adding tensioner pullies. BTW...inexpensive rear belts that are stronger than stock...

http://shop.polybelt.com/192-3M-04-Rubber-Timing-Belt-64-Tooth-B192-3M-04BNG.htm

Compared to my RC helis these cars are still fairly inexpensive.

The President kind of forced this hand because he grounded all of my flying toys when he was in town (which was often) and I wanted something to do. Bashing Yoks is what I do now especially since I found a few free local tracks (on road and off road)
Attachments
20170430_210940.jpg

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

eco8gator wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 9:39 am Hello

A NIB kit just sold for around 800 bucks on eBay. Before that I bought up the last 2x 94 yoks on eBay and another one due an inquire based on a picture in an ad on eBay.

I am absolutely amazed at how durable this car is...and when setup correctly it is very fast. I will say that it will roast rear belts with a brushless setup without adding tensioner pullies. BTW...inexpensive rear belts that are stronger than stock...

http://shop.polybelt.com/192-3M-04-Rubber-Timing-Belt-64-Tooth-B192-3M-04BNG.htm

The President kind of forced this hand because he grounded all of my flying toys when he was in town (which was often) and I wanted something to do. Bashing Yoks is what I do now especially since I found a few free local tracks (on road and off road)
If you need a tensionor like that you be got the wrong length belt :shock:

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

Sticks wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 11:16 pm Hello chaps,

Scored a beauty on Gumtree this week - was hoping someone could identify it for me.

ta in advance

Sticks

That's a great score! And like Brian said it's 95 Pavadis it was a re work of the 94 that had a lightened chassis and arms also came with the revised towers and TCS.
The lightened arms can be really hard to find especially the fronts so if you are wanting to run it I'd keep a lookout for some 94 ones for it, there easier to find and cheaper.

Sticks

Post by Sticks »

Thanks for the feedback chaps,

As far as scores go, this is up there. She was lurking in the back of the advert photo, in amongst all sorts of other bits and pieces.

The plan now is to tidy her up and run her in the 17.5t stock class (which has a strong following here in Oz).

First job is a transverse shorty pack set-up, like the hotdog, but milled out of 3mm carbon. The plate will hold adjustable belt rollers and new battery posts. The idea being to bolt it down using the existing battery post holes - so as to not ruin the chassis.

She'll be under weight but I can sort that with a bit of brass under the shorty.

Very excited!

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

Keep us posted - I've tinkered with the idea of running a Pavidis in a local 4wd race series but I've chickened out at the idea of breaking anything... too much cash involved in case of breakage compared to a modern runner. also interested to read how one could possibly fit 12mm hexes on this baby :)
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

eco8gator
Approved Member

Post by eco8gator »

Hello

Its the right length 192mm, 64 teeth (The Yok ZC-656 belt has 64 teeth.). I adjusted the link that helps maintain the tension on the belt...that and a little stretch due to use allowed me to do this. I will admit that the belt is on the tighter side of things but it still has some slack.

My goal was to get a lot more of the belt teeth making solid contact with the small pulley and this does the trick.

My belt no longer skips and I am running this car pretty hard with a 10.5T brushless motor.

Regards

Peakey wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 3:02 am

eco8gator
Approved Member

Post by eco8gator »

Hello

Just a quick note.

I just rebuilt my rear diff and its back to being silky smooth.

But in the process I found that the rear belt is in great condition after all the abuse I put it through...the belts suggestion above is great for this car.

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

eco8gator wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 4:26 pm Hello

Its the right length 192mm, 64 teeth (The Yok ZC-656 belt has 64 teeth.). I adjusted the link that helps maintain the tension on the belt...that and a little stretch due to use allowed me to do this. I will admit that the belt is on the tighter side of things but it still has some slack.

My goal was to get a lot more of the belt teeth making solid contact with the small pulley and this does the trick.

My belt no longer skips and I am running this car pretty hard with a 10.5T brushless motor.

Regards

Peakey wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 3:02 am

I've never had a problem with belt skip and I ran my WCS last year with a 6.5 in granted it's running a slipper and 3mm belts but it ran fine.
The only problem I did have was it picking sand up into the pinion I've yet to come up with a lasting solution for that but I'm working on it.
Yoke made an alloy Motor mount like that was used on he 97 that had tensions on top of the slipper pulley and centre pulley like this

eco8gator
Approved Member

Post by eco8gator »

I love that motor mount.

I have never experienced any skipping on my front belt. But I definitely roast rear belts if I use it any other way than shown on my runner. I can add some shims to angle the diff box back to tension the belt more but with my configuration I an getting much better engagement between the teeth of the belt and the small pulley.

I have 2 other 94's cars and I am working on a 4th. I am in process of making a second runner and I will run it with no pullies but possibly tensioned using a shim to angle the diff box back.

Regards

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

eco8gator wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:31 pm I love that motor mount.

I have never experienced any skipping on my front belt. But I definitely roast rear belts if I use it any other way than shown on my runner. I can add some shims to angle the diff box back to tension the belt more but with my configuration I an getting much better engagement between the teeth of the belt and the small pulley.

I have 2 other 94's cars and I am working on a 4th. I am in process of making a second runner and I will run it with no pullies but possibly tensioned using a shim to angle the diff box back.

Regards
That's not the best photo but there's a tensioner on both sides so it keeps the belt on both pulleys