Cox/Kyosho Circuit 1000 Buggy

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ron
Approved Member

Re: Cox/Kyosho Circuit 1000 Buggy

Post by ron »

GOOD STUFF Russel, yes when you get a lot of RC stuff like that, just hold on to em and soon you will see that you want to make this and that, cause once you done with one, you wanna make another completely different piece that is unique, its fun, frustrating and heavy on the wallet but rewarding. I am very content with 2-3 buggies and very happy with them but I have already made plans to make a 1/8 custom kyosho buggy, I have a optima mid, planning to make a chevy gasser (got a beautiful bellair hard body). And lastly make a tamiya super hornet basher with parma hop-up shocks etc, just a simple light weight buggy that is different from all.

Yes, the family does not get it, ha ha ha, it has happened with me too, back than, I did not know how to defend myself or explain my obsession for RC. I DON'T run these, hardly, only make them BUT need them to be ready to go when plugged to a battery so its VERY much functional as well as beautiful.

Not to brag but I got a MSc in Engineering, you see, spent 8 years at the university. One of the major contributors to my interest and subject was RC, you don't get somewhere just by hitting the books, you must have that passion for ingenuity. And I LOVE miniature stuff. All these RC cars were made by serious Engineers, designers, guys and gals with a passion for realism and mechanics based designs. I have expended my mind through RC stuff cause it empowers the gray matter to think, create inovative ideas etc etc, how do you think the people of the 50s and 60s spent time - with model building - planes and what not - working models with steam engines, gas engines, would you call them being childish, no sir! Either you 'play' with a toy or the real thing, you are getting the same level of knowledge so I never bothered when someone criticized me of being a child when I am all grown up :mrgreen: I know RC has affected me in a positive way!

Like I said TM, I got an optima mid - a perfect rival to your ulitmas! You got one of the best that kyosho has to offer
You finished your tomahawk WAY before I even got half way through my beetle and I am still stagnant with the project!