Kyosho now on the re-re bandwagon - Scorpion

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

CHKTM
Approved Member

Re: Kyosho now on the re-re bandwagon - Scorpion

Post by CHKTM »

Incredible_Serious wrote:Best not to try Tower either..... they'll sell you a Scorpion no worries, as long as you don't live in the following:

Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla Islands, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bonaire, Bosnia Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde Islands, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo(Brazzaville), Congo,Democratic Republic, Costa Rica, Cote D'ivoire-Ivory Coast, Croatia, Curacao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, England, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands Malvinas, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Gabon, Gambia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Holland, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Northern Ireland, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Papua-New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn Islands, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Georgia, Reunion, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Sint Maarten, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, St Pierre and Miquelon, St Vincent/Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tahiti, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks & Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu-New Hebrides, Vatican City State, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wales, Wallis & Futuna Islands, Western Samoa, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

Boo-yah.

:?

Alex
Lmao, yea it's a bit odd Alex, this is not the 80s where the LHS has some stock lol. Anyway I'll stop grumbling, I was trying to save on freight by getting some parts and another kit together, never mind. I think Tower wanted quite a bit more to not ship to Australia, A Mains shipping price was very good. I've got one coming through Amazom at not much extra freight than A Main but obviously not combining the two.

Chris

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

any of you guys need me to ship a scorpion to you let me know. i've done it before without issue.

chris, what gear ratio are you running with the 9.5t?

CHKTM
Approved Member

Post by CHKTM »

kaiser wrote:any of you guys need me to ship a scorpion to you let me know. i've done it before without issue.

chris, what gear ratio are you running with the 9.5t?
That's a really nice offer kaiser, if I need to I'll take you up on that in the future, thanks. I'm running the std faster ratio 6.9. 1. I find the brushless motors can pull a lot more than a brushed and I like the feel of the throttle when geared up I find it smooths it out. The motor doesn't struggle or get hot at all and pulls power wheelies even when rolling on grippy surfaces. I run a 5200kv in one of my bikes geared at 5.23. 1 and it works great and the bikes back wheel is huge ( 1/4 scale ) compared to the scorpion.

CHKTM
Approved Member

Post by CHKTM »

Ok, so it seems I may have gone off a little prematurely thinking the local importer would not be interested in importing the Scorpion or Beetle. Even my LHS was doubtful and very surprised to hear they could get a hold of them and for a more than competitive price. So apologies to anyone who my rant may have offended. :oops:

CHKTM
Approved Member

Post by CHKTM »

Just so people don't think my rant was unjustified I'll give you guys an example of how thing work here in Australia. I have in the past and will in the future still deal with my LHS but mainly with items they have in stock. I'll take an order of say ten parts to the shop. The owner may not have enough of an order to put those ten parts through so waits until he has enough to make it worthwhile, this could be a week or more. Once he has enough the order is put through and processed by the importer which may take another week or two before it arrives back at the hobby shop, by this time if could be a month later. At this point I may or may not receive a call telling me the parts I ordered are here. Once I've found out there's something at the shop for me I either have to drive the 250km round trip to the shop or get them to post it on at extra freight cost to find that the importer only sent three of the parts that I really needed. I find it much easier to get onto a website click on add to cart and know that part is in stock and will be sent with the rest of the order I want to my doorstep within a week or two from anywhere in the world generally. I hope this sheds a little light over my ranting.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

CHKTM wrote:Just so people don't think my rant was unjustified I'll give you guys an example of how thing work here in Australia. I have in the past and will in the future still deal with my LHS but mainly with items they have in stock. I'll take an order of say ten parts to the shop. The owner may not have enough of an order to put those ten parts through so waits until he has enough to make it worthwhile, this could be a week or more. Once he has enough the order is put through and processed by the importer which may take another week or two before it arrives back at the hobby shop, by this time if could be a month later. At this point I may or may not receive a call telling me the parts I ordered are here. Once I've found out there's something at the shop for me I either have to drive the 250km round trip to the shop or get them to post it on at extra freight cost to find that the importer only sent three of the parts that I really needed. I find it much easier to get onto a website click on add to cart and know that part is in stock and will be sent with the rest of the order I want to my doorstep within a week or two from anywhere in the world generally. I hope this sheds a little light over my ranting.
You lucky bugger.... hobby shop only 125kms away.... :cry:

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

CHKTM
Approved Member

Post by CHKTM »

You lucky bugger.... hobby shop only 125kms away.... :cry:

Alex[/quote]

Lol, how far away from your LHS are you mate? Not so local eh?

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

CHKTM wrote:Lol, how far away from your LHS are you mate? Not so local eh?
There used to be a hobby / toy shop in Mount Gambier, 25km north of here.... but it closed last year. From now, I think I'm looking at Warrnambool..... which would be 200kms or so at least.

Dagnammit.

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

CHKTM
Approved Member

Post by CHKTM »

There used to be a hobby / toy shop in Mount Gambier, 25km north of here.... but it closed last year. From now, I think I'm looking at Warrnambool..... which would be 200kms or so at least.

Dagnammit.

Alex[/quote]

Bugger :shock:

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

CHKTM wrote:
I understand where you are coming from however maybe you should read my post again, so why was it they could supply me with a Scorpion a few weeks ago from the U.S. Kyosho branch no problem. Alcyon the local Kyosho dealer isn't interested in supporting the Scorpion and contacting them is like extracting teeth. Again why is it they could sell me one up to the point it seems Kyosho America have run out? I wouldn't think it's because of a parts issue if I had one, I've never had issues before dealing with companies in the US if their product is faulty or incorrect. They had no problem supplying correct replacement parts if there's an issue. I just found it odd and frustrating I could buy one minute and not the next. A lot of Aussies have dealt with shops and companies in the US for a long time as it can be hard to get what we want or need in Australia. It was just a bit of a slap in the face. Thanks for your money $@&&$ you. I left a comment on their facebook page yes. I sent an e mail to Kyosho America also. Out of curiosity I googled where to buy a Scorpion in Australia and guess what it came up with, A Main lol.
Because you are ordering through a shop (an intermediary) that sells Kyosho USA products to foreigners? Kyosho USA themselves do not, by the way.

Welcome to global commerce.

A solution, of course, would be to contact the shop that sold you the Scorpion and ask them to service you. If they are a good shop they will...

CHKTM
Approved Member

Post by CHKTM »

Because you are ordering through a shop (an intermediary) that sells Kyosho USA products to foreigners? Kyosho USA themselves do not, by the way.

Welcome to global commerce.

A solution, of course, would be to contact the shop that sold you the Scorpion and ask them to service you. If they are a good shop they will...[/quote]

I don't think you understand, I did contact the shop that sold me the first Scorpion and they were kind enough to put me in contact with some that I could buy however they said their hands were tied they could not sell me one as Kyosho America had imposed a restriction and would not allow their products to be sold anywhere but the U.S. Mexico and Canada. I can understand them not selling but to restrict a so called independent shop from selling where they want is silly and frustrating. Anyway, it's all good, the local importer is bringing them in and I can get them locally at the right price.

ron
Approved Member

Post by ron »

Hey TomEG, use carbon fiber for your mono-shock setpup, they look way better and stiffer than aluminum and lighter still.

TomEG
Approved Member

Post by TomEG »

ron wrote:Hey TomEG, use carbon fiber for your mono-shock setpup, they look way better and stiffer than aluminum and lighter still.
Thanks for the tip. I might have some cut in carbon fiber... Could even save some mllimeters of space.

Tom

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

the 1.9 jconcepts rips front tires fit like a glove. the 1.7 concepts double dees rear tires are too big. bummer, but alteast the fronts fit, they are really nice.
much nicer then the stockers.

i'd love to find a 1.7 rear wheel that fits so i can run those double dee's.

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

TomEG wrote:
BTW. You shouldn't happen to have a good picture of the Thorp rear sway bar, and how it is fitted?

Tom
Ther you go Tom
http://rsb.se/arena/showthread.php?80645-Kyosho-Tomahawk-till-US-VONats/page3
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback