carbon fiber and glass sheet

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

sdrob
Approved Member

carbon fiber and glass sheet

Post by sdrob »

hello after some help, looking at reproducing and making new parts out of carbon fiber and glass sheet.. where do people buy it from??? prefer australia but open to suggestions... i know Hobby king sell some but sizes are limited for say a chassis...
thanks for any help..

what cutting methods do people use??? thinking of the router method or a scroll saw..

GoMachV
Approved Member

Re: carbon fiber and glass sheet

Post by GoMachV »

Personally I use a pin router, but that is for copying a template. Other members use a variety of methods from hand cutting to CNC. It all depends on your needs. I can copy a part easier than someone can draw a CNC file, but they can then repeat it. The hand method is great for a small one off part.

Here is my pin router thread
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=27742

I use G10/FR4 from McMaster Carr but I don't think they are a good value for overseas
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I use a hacksaw, drill, Dremel and a lot of filing. Hacksaw for the major straight edges; drill holes at inside corners, either hacksaw or Dremel to cut to the drilled holes, and when the rough part is cut out, lots of filing to get more or less smooth edges. I used the same procedure to make my own Optima bumper, as finding undamaged original Optima bumpers is nigh impossible. This method is a lot more hands-on work, but you can get decent results if you're careful and take your time.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21530&start=154

Always cut just a bit outside your marked lines, so you can file edges down to the exact lines...it's more work to do this but it's better to undercut and over-file than the other way around...you can't put back if you took off too much. ;)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

cacomposites

Post by cacomposites »

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

cacomposites wrote:.
How many rc cars do You have in Your stable :mrgreen:
Gone fishing

cacomposites

Post by cacomposites »

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

I'm still trying to figure out how he got on the board without registering or being approved.

j-sou
Approved Member

Post by j-sou »

Thanks for stepping in Scr8p, that was about to get really annoying really fast
-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"

Oozzee
Approved Member

Post by Oozzee »

Did he pop up on a B3 thread before, an older 1 referencing a fibre glass chassis
The Dreaded 7 - 10 Split

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

scr8p wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how he got on the board without registering or being approved.
On top of that, his site links to a 'datasheet' that is located elsewhere, only 8.3 Kb and an unknown filetype (to my browser). Furthermore, the website is registered to someone else than this "Neal":
Domain Name: CACOMPOSITES.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Registrant Name: sah sunil
Registrant Organization: Carbon and Aramid Composites
Name Server: NS13.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS14.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
The site itself looks terribly generic and Mr. "Neal" or "Sah Sunil" seems to have a habit of spamming message boards. Beware.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

EvolutionRevolution wrote:
scr8p wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how he got on the board without registering or being approved.
On top of that, his site links to a 'datasheet' that is located elsewhere, only 8.3 Kb and an unknown filetype (to my browser). Furthermore, the website is registered to someone else than this "Neal":
Domain Name: CACOMPOSITES.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Registrant Name: sah sunil
Registrant Organization: Carbon and Aramid Composites
Name Server: NS13.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS14.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
The site itself looks terribly generic and Mr. "Neal" or "Sah Sunil" seems to have a habit of spamming message boards. Beware.
honestly, whoever this is has somehow been able to get on the site without ever registering. i don't know how it's happening. every now and then i'll notice that the "newest member" at the bottom of the board is not someone that i have approved. i'll go in and check to see if maybe jim has approved them only to see that he hasn't. when you click on their name and go into their profile you can see that they never filled out the question of "what was your first r/c vehicle". which is mandatory to register.

so i don't know......... just gonna have to stay on top of it until we figure out how/why it can happen. he's not the only one as of late though. this guy has an i.p. addy from china. i don't recall the others.

j0pp3
Approved Member

Post by j0pp3 »

scr8p wrote: so i don't know......... just gonna have to stay on top of it until we figure out how/why it can happen. he's not the only one as of late though. this guy has an i.p. addy from china. i don't recall the others.
Hi scr8p,

Is it possible that hi made his own registration form and posts the data on submit to "www.rc10talk.com/ucp.php?mode=register" and bypass some restrictions? Just trying to figure it out my self.

Cheers
Joel
Cheers
Joel

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

ya I didn't approve that jerky.

dj_kilroy
Approved Member

Post by dj_kilroy »

sdrob wrote:hello after some help, looking at reproducing and making new parts out of carbon fiber and glass sheet.. where do people buy it from??? prefer australia but open to suggestions... i know Hobby king sell some but sizes are limited for say a chassis...
thanks for any help..

what cutting methods do people use??? thinking of the router method or a scroll saw..
I recently bought some black fiberglass sheet from ebay Aus. I think the same seller had CF sheet as well.
Have a search and you'll find it.

The sheet that I bought was a little scratched up but you cant notice it now the car is built.

If you need a custom chassis, try Bezerk RC in Melbourne. He has a facebook page and is great to deal with.
He did all the fiberglass parts on my Super Srb and allowed me to supply the sheet.
He also does other machining work and recently did a gear diff conversion for my Tamiya M03 Race mini.

Cheers
David

tamiya
Approved Member

Post by tamiya »

scr8p wrote: honestly, whoever this is has somehow been able to get on the site without ever registering. i don't know how it's happening. every now and then i'll notice that the "newest member" at the bottom of the board is not someone that i have approved. i'll go in and check to see if maybe jim has approved them only to see that he hasn't. when you click on their name and go into their profile you can see that they never filled out the question of "what was your first r/c vehicle". which is mandatory to register.

so i don't know......... just gonna have to stay on top of it until we figure out how/why it can happen. he's not the only one as of late though. this guy has an i.p. addy from china. i don't recall the others.
somebody is somehow tapping directly into your SQL database

suggest Mr Admin could do a bit more, umm, "customising" to the code setup &/or access protocols

best start with making sure all code is latest variant, then scan for any back door some hacker might have tapped in