scorpion 2014 small issues

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rccars4sal
Approved Member

scorpion 2014 small issues

Post by rccars4sal »

Hi guys. I searched, and cant seem to find.. How did you guys make the rear suspension to not be a sticky notchy? I loosened everything up, and tweaked it, but it keeps tightening up all sticky and notchy.

Also, Ive got my front shock towers sitting flush on the chassis rails, but now the body rubs very tight on the inside rear edge of the front towers. Spacers? Just let it rub?

Thanks!

GoMachV
Approved Member

Re: scorpion 2014 small issues

Post by GoMachV »

For the rear, I loosen the trans and allow it to center, then retighten. Loosen up both arm mounts on one side, tweak the arm out (pull out on the wheel) as you tighten the screws. Do the other side. That's how mine freed up, if it still binds you will have to either grind on the end of the dogbones, slot the arm mount holes or find clearance somewhere
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Re: scorpion 2014 small issues

Post by rccars4sal »

Allright, I had the short side hinge pin holder upside down for 1 thing. Ive got the axle lock mostly reduced, and I think with running it will wear in just fine.

Still,, hows everybody dealing with the front shock towers fit on chassis rails, and proximity to the lexan body?

Ive already got damper stays in carbon fiber, but going to need some spacers. I assume folks using aluminum front towers are dremmelling the frame bulge and or the tower itself to sit flat, then bending outward slightly to clear the body?