Kyosho Fazer & 1970 Charger: What a marriage!

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Kyosho Fazer & 1970 Charger: What a marriage!

Post by Coelacanth »

Oh man, I gotta get me one of these bodies!

https://kyoshoamerica.wordpress.com/2015/09/11/new-fazer-1970-dodge-charger

I don't even mind that they goofed on the bumblebee stripe...it's supposed to be more vertical, not slanted.

Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

tamiyadan
Approved Member

Re: Kyosho Fazer & 1970 Charger: What a marriage!

Post by tamiyadan »

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Finally a proper Charger.

Zac_F71
Approved Member

Post by Zac_F71 »

I just bought the first one from rpphobby.com! Blue one can't wait to get it! Now to find upgrades for it, need a aluminum center shaft, and adjustable turnbuckles for the steering/suspension, aluminum hubs, threaded body shocks, CVD's, and another body set!

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

When the body set becomes available separately, I was wondering what car chassis' it will even fit? It looks to have pretty odd specs...but that being said, I don't own any modern touring cars.

Wheelbase: 274 mm
Track Width: 174 mm

So, it's about 15mm longer and 15mm narrower than other typical 200mm wide HPI muscle car bodies. :?
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

R Cane
Approved Member

Post by R Cane »

That is sweet.
:)

TRX-1-3
Approved Member

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Why not a '69 Charger 500 or a Superbird. Kyosho should support it with a compliment of classic Mopar B bodies.

Just my thought.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

That'll never happen. You can find dozens of different kinds of Camaro or Mustang bodies representing various model years, but finding Mopar anything is like finding hen's teeth. :( Would that it could be, though...

Bolink made a '69 Charger body back in the day, but the dimensions were out-of-whack...like most Bolink bodies of the time. Jerobee did a Challenger body but it was pretty weird-looking, too.

HPI makes a '69 Charger body that would otherwise look great, but it's cut for truggies and has HUGE wheel openings and a way-overscale blower sticking through the hood, it makes it look cartoonish. It's a shame, really, that they put that one out, but couldn't put out a plain-Jane Charger in their Vintage VTA line-up with proper wheelbase and wheel openings. Their Plymouth 'Cuda and Dodge Challenger bodies are very nice examples, though. But unfortunately, that's about it. A few other manufacturers put out clone bodies that aren't licensed by Ma Mopar and have silly names, but those don't look nearly as good as the HPI bodies.

I wish HPI made a Plymouth Duster/Dodge Demon body, a mid-50's Plymouth Fury (like "Christine"), a Roadrunner or Superbee...but that'll never happen either.

Zac_F71
Approved Member

Post by Zac_F71 »

Coelacanth wrote:That'll never happen. You can find dozens of different kinds of Camaro or Mustang bodies representing various model years, but finding Mopar anything is like finding hen's teeth. :( Would that it could be, though...

Bolink made a '69 Charger body back in the day, but the dimensions were out-of-whack...like most Bolink bodies of the time. Jerobee did a Challenger body but it was pretty weird-looking, too.

HPI makes a '69 Charger body that would otherwise look great, but it's cut for truggies and has HUGE wheel openings and a way-overscale blower sticking through the hood, it makes it look cartoonish. It's a shame, really, that they put that one out, but couldn't put out a plain-Jane Charger in their Vintage VTA line-up with proper wheelbase and wheel openings. Their Plymouth 'Cuda and Dodge Challenger bodies are very nice examples, though. But unfortunately, that's about it. A few other manufacturers put out clone bodies that aren't licensed by Ma Mopar and have silly names, but those don't look nearly as good as the HPI bodies.

I wish HPI made a Plymouth Duster/Dodge Demon body, a mid-50's Plymouth Fury (like "Christine"), a Roadrunner or Superbee...but that'll never happen either.
As do I as I have a 1:1 Demon - I made a Traxxas Slash into a drag car cause Parma released their Muscle 71 SCT body (71 Demon) no a lot of it isn't scale but it's nice!

I'm excited for this Charger though! Coming Monday, after work I will post pics of the box, and the car, then I will likely detail it further.. and start looking for the upgrades I posted above

Kamtec out of the UK, as well as TBG makes a reproduction 69 Charger body, that is very nice(200mm touring car size).. Bolink bodies were meant for pan cars like the LTO (RJspeed sport 3.2 now)