My Optimas

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Wahrsuul
Approved Member

My Optimas

Post by Wahrsuul »

My first "real" racer, the Optima Mid. At the time, I added bearings, sway bars front one-way ball diff. I ran several different motor looking for the right combo.

Next is a Turbo Mid Special. I picked up this one as you see it, just because I wanted one and they were hard to come by. All stock and never run.

Next is a Gold Optima. This is actually one of the 100,000 celebration models, but apparently there's no way to tell. I added the gold motor guard and the beat up nerf bars. I have the body and would like to find someone to do a box art paint on it. Again, mint and never run.

Lastly is my last racing Optima, a Mid Custom Special. I preferred this body style over the CS style, but I still have the original body. This color scheme is what I used to easily tell my car from the others at the track. Pretty much everyone had a set up like that.

yellowdatsun
Approved Member

Re: My Optimas

Post by yellowdatsun »

Nice cars. I love seeing the Optimas, always brings back memories of mine so many years back.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Nice set of Optimas, love the Gold Celebration one. I purchased the Gold Celebration chassis set to "upgrade" mine, then added the gold sideguards/motor guard as well. I also have no idea how you'd tell it apart from one that came from the limited edition kit. None of the parts were serialized or otherwise marked. :?
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Very nice buggies you have there! ;) Really love the Turbo Mid Special, one of my all time favorites. I am a huge vintage Kyosho fan myself. Currently, I am building a TOMS but recently discovered that the chassis I have is actually from the Custom Special :/ Going to go ahead and finish it though. Maybe one day I will come across an original chassis and have a start to a Custom Special build :mrgreen:

Wahrsuul
Approved Member

Post by Wahrsuul »

Yea, that turbo mid special is nice, I was lucky to find one the way I did, and I got it fairly cheap at the time. I remember when the mid stretch first came out, I picked one up, then picked up all the parts to make my original mid a stretch version. Never did the conversion, and I still have all those parts in a bag. Need to find another mid or stretch to use it on.