Scrap box lazer zxr

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Scrap box lazer zxr

Post by rccars4sal »

Years of hoarding results in multiple cars trapped in broken kit form. Heres one skimmed right off the top. Swiped the gpm towers from a LWB mid, mostly new parts. Needs proper cv or uj axles to complete the chassis. My zx runner and the aforementioned mid, (also a runner) will get full rebuilds too, as they are dirty and neglected. Nothing too special here. Hyper clutch, gpm towers, gear diffs, lazer alpha servo saver steering cranks, pargu wing stay set, alloy front knuckles, home made bumper.

DennisM
Approved Member

Re: Scrap box lazer zxr

Post by DennisM »

Looking good with that blue aluminum - Towers are meant for the Lazer so the MID can just go get it´s own :D
Gone fishing

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

Thanks, I like the gpm blue. Looks like its got zx type front camber assembly, will swap those to the zx. Apparently the front c hubs arent correct either, but they fit. Actually, going over the zxr supplemental instruction page, this cars front end isnt correct at all. It follows the glossy instructions, but the supplement page has it all different. Ive probably got all the funky king pins and such rattling around in another box.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Looks great...blue & gold always go so well together! I dig the custom bumper most, though. Anybody can gather parts and install them...but fabrication is an under-appreciated skill here. 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

There´s 3 kinds of ZX-R
ZX-R
ZX-R mkII
ZX-RR

Your chassis is the ZX-R and the c-hubs and camberlinks fits that chassis.
The GPM towers has ZX geometri (short front shocks)

terry.sc has done a good write-up here: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26080#entry153835
Gone fishing

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

That is a good write up. Strange that I ended up with a zxrr supplement page and a zx- s instruction book. Thanks for clarifying. Now this laser will pretty much remain as is on front end. At some point the previous owner might have had both higher spec cars because both instructions came From the same job lot.

Welshy40
Approved Member

Post by Welshy40 »

Its a mish mash of various cars but nice never the less. Looking good.
Designer of the Lazer ZX / ZXR Tub Chassis (now available again from Fibre-Lyte)

Sponser links below
http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/
http://www.kamtec.co.uk/

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

Pretty sure the only proper lazer I ever had was the one I built from the box. All the rest have been from racing lots. I seemed to have happened upon a couple different lots years ago, and this is the 3rd car from it. Got one more in there too, but it would be another dogbone affair to make it roll. Front end on this one really cant stay as is though. The bump steer is really bad. Even though I wont run it probably, its got to be functional. Actually, It should have the ball diffs too,, this is probably the 2nd keeper. Im tired of tearing these things apart. Cant bring myself to spend the big $$ on proper axles though... or really anything else,, cleaning out, and trying to build what I have on hand. Im going to par it down to 2 each in my own collection. This 3 and 4 thing is just crazy.

Welshy40
Approved Member

Post by Welshy40 »

3&4 works for me, projects galore relating to this, need a tc version of this but unsure how wide due to my sponser still working on my shell, need to chase him up. Race car ive got,, back up race car still required, club car still required plus a couple of built font & rear gearboxes (my rear cf versions) and then i will be happy.

Still redesigning the knuckle arms and protos look promising, layshaft redesigned with help from Alcyon, tub chassis redesigned slightly from my original design. Once knuckles done its either front gearbox redesign in Cf or start on redesigning the diffs. This is what i enjoy with this car, the changes you do make a drastic change, so much so that standard kit is just over 3 laps off the pace of nowadays cars, now mine is only about 1/4 lap down only due to my limited practicing.

Keep up the good work as its a fun drive.
Designer of the Lazer ZX / ZXR Tub Chassis (now available again from Fibre-Lyte)

Sponser links below
http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/
http://www.kamtec.co.uk/