Kyosho ultima st parts

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

luckysaturn13

Kyosho ultima st parts

Post by luckysaturn13 »

I have a kyosho ultima st gp. As soon as I bought it about 10 years ago my motor mount slid and stripped my spur gear tower hobbies split with kyosho and parts were hard to find. Right after I found a tunnel hull boat at the pawn shop and I swapped my radio gear into it. Now I have a son who really likes watching rc on you tube. I'd like to get my little truck going again. From what I under stand part number is um-219 its a 67 tooth. I still can't find a spur. I saw an old post about a dura trax one that could be dremel d down but its discontinued too. Is their anything out there I could make work? i dont mind if i have to change some things out or go to a different ratio .I also emailed kyosho usa and haven't heard anything back yet. I almost feel abandoned by kyosho for discontinuing the parts soo soon after they quick making the truck. its a really cool truck and I've always really liked kyosho. I hope there is a way to get it running
Thanks for the help

luckysaturn13

Re: Kyosho ultima st parts

Post by luckysaturn13 »

Is it a 48 pitch? How many teeth could I go up or down with out really affecting it too much?

Would the associated 3924 48p 66t work? Outer Diameter: 1.61 (41mm) Inner Diameter: .378 (9.6mm

I'd rather go down a tooth but if I wanted to go up I found
Um730 -69 I think this will be a direct fit! So excited here

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Going by the pics it sure looks like a standard associated bolt pattern. The .8 module is closest to 32 pitch. For the $6 or so that the kimbrough or associated would cost I would give it a try first. A couple teeth on the spur make very little difference.

Taken from Robinson racing.....
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (30.57 KiB) Viewed 2614 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (30.57 KiB) Viewed 2614 times
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Associated 7663 is a 66t 32p from the rc10gt. I'd try it first
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

luckysaturn13

Post by luckysaturn13 »

Cool thanks for the reply! I'll probally order it in a week or so then post back and let ya know how it goes! Glad to see there's still some love for vintage kyosho s out there!

luckysaturn13

Post by luckysaturn13 »

Any tips on getting a nitro engine going again?last time I checked it wasn't seized. Should I clean the carb or anything?

luckysaturn13

Post by luckysaturn13 »

So the um 219 is .8 module pitch? I tried researching but couldn't find anything

luckysaturn13

Post by luckysaturn13 »

Just figured out my stock gear is an rs 147. I was looking at a type r parts list.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Wow that's a strange one. Not sure if an associated dual slipper style gear would fit with their own pads....maybe
Attachments
image.jpeg
Factory Works website

luckysaturn13

Post by luckysaturn13 »

Yeah ikr! I was on ebay only one left like 25$ shipped. I was hoping to find a long term solution so I can enjoy it. Could it be converted to get rid of the slipper and find a easily accessed gear? What are the disadvantage s of ditching a slipper set up? Or maybe like you said a dif slipper spur with the slipper disk to go w it. I know there has to be a solution somewhere! Is that geat a .8 pitch? I couldn't find out

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

luckysaturn13 wrote:Any tips on getting a nitro engine going again?last time I checked it wasn't seized. Should I clean the carb or anything?
if any fuel was in it at all it might be a little bit 'gummy' inside. On long term storage if after run oil wasn't used I take the glow plug out and carb off and fill the crank case and head with a little old fuel and turn the motor over by hand to loosen it up. Working it back and forth slowly til it turns over freely. Then after its all freed up I'll put a little after run oil in it if I don't run it right away. I've done this alot in the past without any issues. If its all freed up and the carb isn't gummy just try to start it. Might turn right over and fire up for you.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

luckysaturn13

Post by luckysaturn13 »

K thanks for the tip. I used after run oil in it when I last ran it about 8years ago. About 4 years ago I checkedit and it was seized after lots of effort it turned over and after I kept working at it it finally loosened up and spun freely with the pull start. In hind sight hopefully I didnt damage the piston ring. Will after run oil gum it up after a long rest? I might pull the heat sink off and look for issues. Is the metal gasket re useable?

After researching i Just noticed their is no ring.. lol piston was probally gummed up

I wonder if kyosho made another model with the gx 15 engine that has a clutch bell with a pitch that would make finding a more common gear easier

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

If the AE and Kyosho clutch bell uses the same bearings, either Metric or SAE, I don´t see any problems.
Otherwise, You might need a new pilot shaft.

Edit:
There´s a spur on ebay now - expensive but.....
Gone fishing

luckysaturn13

Post by luckysaturn13 »

Yeah I saw that one like 30$ shipped almost went for it but figured if I could convert it over it would be a long term solution if I need another gear later down the road plus if the rc10 bell works I could probally go with Robinson gears. I wish kyosho was more open with their specs... i wonder if i would need new clutch shoes and if shaft soze is the same. Thank you for checking ebay for me! Whats your model in your aviator? Looks pretty cool