Re: Kyosho re releases

Post by j0pp3 »

Cheers
Joel

mugenbulldog
Approved Member

Post by mugenbulldog »

They do look the same; have also seen links for them for sale on rcmart - along with carbon fiber parts. I could be wrong though, I couldn't believe for example that marwan and Fernando both independently reproduced the optima tires at the same time.

Manny

Post by Manny »

I got a set of these under the "Cox" brand name. They look great but need a few easy modifications to get them to work smoothly.

The stock pistons are a bit of a tight fit in the body and the o-rings allow oil to leak out from the get go. I had a spare set of HPI clear silicone o-rings and some teflon pistons (not sure where they came from; possibly 3racing) The o-rings are very soft and offer less "sticktion" than the stock o-rings. The pistons I used were 9.79mm in diameter vs the stock 9.9mm so they were a much better fit in the shock body. Now the shocks are as smooth and leak free as I remember them to be 30 years ago!

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

Turbo Rocky if they please! I have 2, but want one in the box. Prolly happen soon! :roll:

I want a set of the Xtra Speed Gold repro shocks for the Optima, they don't look to have the deep rich colour the originals did though- Am I way out there or? If anyone's seen these in person, let us know eh? Chris REC

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

I would be happy if they would repro the gold medium shocks. Still wishing for updated progress gallop as well!

lin6499
Approved Member

Post by lin6499 »

I wish they would re-release Le Mans series. 240S and 480S particularly.

490 looks great but it's not powerful enough.

sundevil67
Approved Member

Post by sundevil67 »

This question entered my brain the other day as I put together a parts list for my Turbo Optima Mid SE restoration project...it's going to be a runner so I'm not all that concerned with period-correct parts. Finding reasonably priced platinum shocks in decent condition is a long shot, so I'm really curious as to whether the shocks on the Optima re-re would be a direct replacement on the old Mid SE. Anyone know for sure? I know they modified the suspension a bit for the 2016 model...
jkelm24 wrote:I would love to see "Turbo" and "Pro" versions... it would replenish the world with a new batch of Gold shocks!!!

mamadoesntletme
Approved Member

Post by mamadoesntletme »

I bet we will see any of the Lazer versions someday.

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

sundevil67 wrote:This question entered my brain the other day as I put together a parts list for my Turbo Optima Mid SE restoration project...it's going to be a runner so I'm not all that concerned with period-correct parts. Finding reasonably priced platinum shocks in decent condition is a long shot, so I'm really curious as to whether the shocks on the Optima re-re would be a direct replacement on the old Mid SE. Anyone know for sure? I know they modified the suspension a bit for the 2016 model...
They likely fit. I mean, even Kyosho's latest shocks can fit with some different spacers, since Kyosho's shock lengths haven't changed much over 30 years...

Martco78
Approved Member

Post by Martco78 »

I got some re-re Optima shocks for my vintage Optima rebuild and the measurements centre/centre are front: 65mm, rear: 92mm, if that helps.
post.JPG

sundevil67
Approved Member

Post by sundevil67 »

Thanks for the reply, Martco78. I remember 70mm & 90mm for some reason...but that's off the top of my head. I suppose I could pull out some of my old ones and measure them LOL....wonder if the one made for the Duratrax 'Evader' would fit as well...

I found some Duratrax rears on eBay for $55/pair. A little steep, but not completely out of line. Though I think I'll try the ones from Xtra Speed for half the price and see how they do. Since this one's for the dirt, I don't care if they look stock. My old Platinum shocks aren't in terrible condition, but they're pretty scratched up.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

The reproduction gold shocks from mayonnaise would be a cheaper and better solution, and look the part!
Sounds like the main point of contact is thru Facebook, just search "mayonnaise rc". Looks like they sell for $50 for a set of 4
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

RedAggie03
Approved Member

Post by RedAggie03 »

Does anyone know if there is a re-re'd version of the UM-1 gear or the pinion gear for my Turbo Ultima? The prices on eBay for that gear are nuts!

cheropache73

Post by cheropache73 »

Diggley wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:58 pm I'd love to see the Ultima (original, Turbo, Pro, or SE) make another run...

It'd be great to at least have a reasonably priced aluminum or graphite chassis again. (for random projects and resto's) :D
I agree. I'm hoping the Ultima Pro gets re-released. If not, then have a graphite/frp chassis upgrade available if they re-release the original Ultima or Turbo Ultima. Trying to upgrade my Turbo Ultima to a Pro. :D