Optima Mid bumper options

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

dinglem
Approved Member

Optima Mid bumper options

Post by dinglem »

Ok all - does anybody have any makes or even better, any pics, of Mid bumper options that were available bitd?

I never ran the narrow Kyosho standard item, as we upgraded to a slightly wider option immediately after buying the car. Trouble is i can't find that bumper or recall the make of it. It was not the massive tube like version either. I only have one crappy shot of it on my car. It had curved end cut-outs to avoid rubbing tyres.

Any ideas?
16699965_363580187361391_917507116_n.jpg
CAT SWB&XL, Meteor (x3), RC10 custom, RC10 Graphite, Goldpan, 870c (x2), Works 91, Samurai, Pro Radiant (x2), Mini Mustang&Maxima, Mid Turbo, TOP Hybrid , Coyote, Hot Trick Optima, Supercharge, Brimod, 'Rory Cull' Hotshot, SRB.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: Optima Mid bumper options

Post by Coelacanth »

I think I might actually have that bumper. It was sold to me as an Optima bumper, but it wouldn't fit. It has a curled-over leading edge like the one in your pic. I'll get a picture for you by the end of the weekend (I'm not home now).
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

Sounds promising - many thanks!
CAT SWB&XL, Meteor (x3), RC10 custom, RC10 Graphite, Goldpan, 870c (x2), Works 91, Samurai, Pro Radiant (x2), Mini Mustang&Maxima, Mid Turbo, TOP Hybrid , Coyote, Hot Trick Optima, Supercharge, Brimod, 'Rory Cull' Hotshot, SRB.

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

I don't know why but i am thinking it might have been a Parma product. I have pretty much given up doing Google images searches now though(!) I don't think i ever saw another, even back then,so i am just hoping ours is still around somewhere in my boxes.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

I am 90% sure I have the Parma on my wall somewhere, I'll take a look here in a bit
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

I have seen a couple of Parma examples whilst searching online, but no exact match to the one i had. Could be a variation though, so i will be interested to see what you guys have.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Yeah I don't think this is it
Attachments
IMG_8873.JPG
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

Nope, but I have seen a pic of Parma 13217 which is a full width Mid bumper so I am guessing I am looking for either 18 or 19....

Thanks for posting that mate. Each bit of info is a help.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

That Parma one is definitely not the one I have. I won't be home until this evening but I'll upload a pic as soon as I get a chance.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

Looks like it isn't 13219 either as that is tiny too. Just found a pic showing 19 (left) 17 (centre) and 20 (right). Mine was narrower than 17 and had a bit of curve to it.

Here's hoping you have 18 Coelacanth!! :lol:

Thanks guys!

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

Pic
image.jpg
image.jpg (35.17 KiB) Viewed 1632 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (35.17 KiB) Viewed 1632 times

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Here's that bumper I acquired, it's labelled for the Optima Mid & Lazer, made by Strate Racing; I don't believe I've seen another like it, except for the one in dinglem's picture posted earlier...which looks similar, maybe a cut-down unit? Not sure if it's the same bumper, maybe not.

Bumper1.jpg
Bumper2.jpg

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

Well that is another I have never seen before, but it's not the one I had unfortunately. Thanks for posting.... the hunt continues! Mine was more subtle, thinner and had a slight curve to it.

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

Here's another one i have found whilst hunting online..... not the one but still another to add to the list in case anybody else is interested.
mid hop up bumper.jpg

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

Could that be a stinger bumper?
Edit: I guess not, from the parts in my basement I think the stinger was a 2 part design . It should work on the mid .