Kyosho turbo optima 14x

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Shiftykapone22

Re: Kyosho turbo optima 14x

Post by Shiftykapone22 »

Well written guess I have never thought about it like that, and I totally understand the value thing as this is a hobby and isn't an investing site. I already know I am never going to be ahead on any of my rc cars haha, I always end up putting way to much money into them! Just always looking for that cool piece of history that you don't see often.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

...and that is where its a perfect value. $25 for a car a lot of people have never even heard of is a great conversation piece.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

The best thing about the Optima 14x might be the LeMans brushed motor...

If you want a rare but decent car, look for a Kyosho Aero Streak, which is a Kyosho Shadow with a different, Tamiya Thunder Shot-like body shell. It was sold as an Almost Ready to Run car, to which only radio gear had to be added. Comes in a nifty standard Kyosho box that could be displayed with part of the lid popped up like a store display.
Plastics used on the main chassis: it cracks quickly. Tuning options: a few, surprisingly. Upgrades possible: ball bearings, real oil shocks, universals, swing bars (provided you make those yourself; the holes are present). Value: not much. :lol: