Another re-release from Tamiya

The place for all things re-release Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Diggley
Approved Member

Another re-release from Tamiya

Post by Diggley »

Uh oh,

Can the Blitzer Beetle be coming soon as well?

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58482

I hope Tamiya will add the Blackfoot/Monster Beetle soon.

Since the Sand Scorcher's re-re, I guess anything's possible.
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

Lowgear
Administrator

Re: Another re-release from Tamiya

Post by Lowgear »

All of these re-releases are not good for the collectors market. Though then theres the argument that if you're into R/C's as an investment you should get out. I'm honestly glad no other companies are doing this.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Lowgear wrote:collectors market.
Yeah, that doesn't bother me in the slightest. If people are in this hobby as in investment are going to loose their shirts one way or another. Investing in radio controlled cars is dumber than playing the lottery. I've also heard people complaining about how re-releases will ruin their love of vintage cars. That I don't understand. When a car is re-released, it doesn't destroy all of the vintage examples, they are still out there. If anything I would think those people would welcome the re-releases because it will drop the cost of those vintage pieces.

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

MelvinsArmy wrote:
Lowgear wrote:collectors market.
Yeah, that doesn't bother me in the slightest. If people are in this hobby as in investment are going to loose their shirts one way or another. Investing in radio controlled cars is dumber than playing the lottery. I've also heard people complaining about how re-releases will ruin their love of vintage cars. That I don't understand. When a car is re-released, it doesn't destroy all of the vintage examples, they are still out there. If anything I would think those people would welcome the re-releases because it will drop the cost of those vintage pieces.

DAMN STRAIGHT!!

Could care less whaqt they are worth - I bought them for me - not to make money!

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

Lowgear wrote:All of these re-releases are not good for the collectors market. Though then theres the argument that if you're into R/C's as an investment you should get out. I'm honestly glad no other companies are doing this.
you're gonna make a few friends with this I think :lol:

who cares about the collector's MARKET - we care about having a chance to experience the cars themselves!

Thank you Tamiya to offer me a chance to re-live my teenagers' years at a limited cost, and so much for the so-called (speculating) collectors who forgot about their childhood just to remember about the nice stash of green bills they could have made reselling their stuff!

Give us more re-re's! We want the Falcon, the Monster Beetle (guess what - I have 2 Nib's and one decked out runner, I still want re-re's!), the Blitzer Beetle, all of them!

Paul

<sigh>
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I suppose I'll have to explain more in depth what I mean but it'll have to wait until I get up as I'm off to sleep for the day. Image

peetbee
Approved Member

Post by peetbee »

I love the fact that many part built restorations will get to be completed now as parts are available again.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

I view the re-re's with mixed blessings. It's cool that they have released some of the most desirable vehicles. I was so happy when I bought my buggy champ and sand scorcher. I'm not worried about the value diminishing, I think it sucks when it ruins the exclusivity of what you have. Case in point, I have a subaru brat that I chased sown all new vintage parts for then Tamiya goes and re-re's it. all that hard work for nothing.

drbelleville
Approved Member

Post by drbelleville »

Now I would love a Wild Willy again. Mine is sitting neglected on the shelf. And when I think of how much fun I had with it as a kid... Well I want to do that again, run it like crazy, with no worries about motors batteries or hop ups (besides the bearings).

I do have to +1 on the Monster Beetle, as honestly the Blitzer Beetle / Stadium was nothing special (to me anyway or the customers at our hobby shop).

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

shodog wrote:I view the re-re's with mixed blessings. It's cool that they have released some of the most desirable vehicles. I was so happy when I bought my buggy champ and sand scorcher. I'm not worried about the value diminishing, I think it sucks when it ruins the exclusivity of what you have. Case in point, I have a subaru brat that I chased sown all new vintage parts for then Tamiya goes and re-re's it. all that hard work for nothing.
I wouldn't say it was for nothing. It's still vintage. A re-re is still a re-re. For me the re-release wouldn't take anything away from the satisfaction brought by the hunting down of original parts for the original vintage car.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

drbelleville wrote:
I do have to +1 on the Monster Beetle, as honestly the Blitzer Beetle / Stadium was nothing special (to me anyway or the customers at our hobby shop).
Me too. Aside from a Mountaineer, the Monster Beetle is the one Tamiya I would want to build more than any other.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

MelvinsArmy wrote:
Aside from a Mountaineer.... I would want to build more than any other.
That's why I was so happy when they did that limited release of the mountaineer body before they did the High Lift Hilux

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Yeah, that was nice. I didn't realize it was a limited thing, I was just looking for a complete body set this week and saw that it doesn't seem to be available any longer. You have to buy parts and piece the whole thing together.

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

shodog wrote:Case in point, I have a subaru brat that I chased sown all new vintage parts for then Tamiya goes and re-re's it. all that hard work for nothing.
I did the same with the Boomerang.

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

I love the re-releases. Now I can get cars for cheaper without the wife raising an eyebrow. :lol: :lol: