Tamiya Holiday Buggy "1980"

The place for all things Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Tamiya Holiday Buggy "1980"

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

HI!... O.k here's the 1980 Tamiya Holiday buggy I got also in that group deal. It looks all original. Most everything is there as far as I can tell minus the servo's/receiver/battery. Still has the original 380 motor and MSC. Bodies in pretty good shape. Think I'm going to strip the decals off and sand and re-paint it. Gears in the open gearbox seem fine, just dirty from the car sitting so long. I believe this car has been sitting on a shelf for over 25 years. The chassis has a small crack on the right side and the piece is flared out a bit. Looks like someone hit something head on at a good speed. Going to heat of the bend with the heat gun and bend it back in place. Then C/A glue it. Looks like it's only been driven maybe 20 times or so. As usual this one will get a full restoration and be put on the shelf.

102 RC vehicles and counting...

SFC K
Approved Member

Re: Tamiya Holiday Buggy "1980"

Post by SFC K »

That is a cool looking buggy. Great start for a restoration project. I don't know a lot about these, but it baffles me that they expose the gears with no protection what so ever and no rear shocks?
Jeff

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Re: Tamiya Holiday Buggy "1980"

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

HI!... O.k my repo Holiday Buggy decals came in today. I was leary about buying these because most repo decals don't fit to my standards. But I have to say so far I really like what I see. These are already pre-cut. The colours are thick and brilliant. They look like the originals. Will have to wait until I apply them to see if they are sticky enough.

102 RC vehicles and counting...