Welcome to the new home of ClodTalk!

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Forum rules
Keep it all things Clod!
bearrickster
Approved Member

ClodZilla

Post by bearrickster »

Well I tradded for this a while ago ripped it all apart and started working on it. It has a Clodzilla 3 chassis. well things weren't going so well putting it back together, I couldnt get the 4 link bars the right length, so I tossed it in a box and in the corrner it went. last week I found the plates I needed to fix my Rod length problems, ofrdered them up and put it back together today. its coming along I still need to order more parts for the steering and lock outs for the rear. motors a speed control. this is going to take a while as I want to run dual brushless. and thats going to be Money :lol: looking for a new body. but this thing is a BEAST you can see my buggy champ for size.
Attachments
011 (1024x968).jpg
010 (1024x683).jpg
012 (1024x683).jpg
013 (1024x683).jpg
015 (1024x683).jpg
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

ChisaiKuso
Approved Member

Re: ClodZilla

Post by ChisaiKuso »

Proceed with extreme caution!

Clod Busters are very addicting, and it is almost impossible to own just one of them. :lol:
Something clever goes here...

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

Wow put some some streach in that one :lol:
Looks good
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

ChisaiKuso wrote:Proceed with extreme caution!

Clod Busters are very addicting, and it is almost impossible to own just one of them. :lol:
I no I still have the one I bought new in 1989 but its in my buddys garage we havent been able to catch up so I cN GET IT. ITS BEEN THEIR FOR 23 YEARS and is in the same condition as I left it way back then. I was haveing an itch while ive been trying to get together to work it out to pick up my truck I bought this one.

this truck is a Clodzilla 3 chassis and the links were binding and kinda all over the place so I bought some CPE 4 link mounting plates well the 4 link bars are all the same lenght. but not being mounted in the same place on the chassis made the gear box all wonkie, and bind. it was ver frustrating!!!!! to say the least. so changed everything and tore it apart to find it had bearrings and bushing mixed all through. so I ordered new gear cases axle houseings bearrings. and still nothing was soing together the way I wanted. then last week I saw Level3rc had a different staggered mounting plate that was just the ticket. and they were on sale :D to boot so I orderd up a few sets. bolted it back together and the gear boxes sit level like I wanted. the front was a little long so I changed the front links to some Axial 6x91mm ones I had left over from my SCX10 Bronco build it brought the front end back almost 1 1/2 the back is still long for now thats how its going to stay. I want to see if I can do a little racing with it when its done. and the lenght I think will make it a little more stable. the Level 3 mounts also have a plate on the inside to strengthen the axel housing. very nice parts and they even come with all of the mounting hardwere. I also did the mod to remove the axle houseing from the out side.
Attachments
CPE 4 Link mounts
CPE 4 Link mounts
!B5sfG+QBWk~$(KGrHqF,!g8EyrpG2ZJEBMut2FcM4!~~_12.jpg
LEVEL 3 RC
!B5sfG+QBWk~$(KGrHqF,!g8EyrpG2ZJEBMut2FcM4!~~_12.jpg (29.37 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
LEVEL 3 RC
LEVEL 3 RC
!B5sfG+QBWk~$(KGrHqF,!g8EyrpG2ZJEBMut2FcM4!~~_12.jpg (29.37 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

scootmike
Approved Member

Post by scootmike »

Have a Zilla 4 that I started on back in the 90's after Radio Control Car Action did a build using a Zilla 4 and a Dahms body, bought most of the parts, started building at the kitchen table :) life got in the way and it was boxed up. Need to get it put together one of these days, at the time it was a beast!

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

scootmike wrote:Have a Zilla 4 that I started on back in the 90's after Radio Control Car Action did a build using a Zilla 4 and a Dahms body, bought most of the parts, started building at the kitchen table :) life got in the way and it was boxed up. Need to get it put together one of these days, at the time it was a beast!
I bet this is no longer 1/10 scale its more like 8th scale or little bigger. pull yours out and post up some pictures I would love to see it.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

any body have a susgestion on dual brussless motors for my monster
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

go clodtalk they doing that already too.Ive seen some use two setups and Y harness from both to receiver.DON

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

THUNDERSTRIKE1 wrote:go clodtalk they doing that already too.Ive seen some use two setups and Y harness from both to receiver.DON
thats sounds cool I will have to go look thanks Don
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

I like that truck! Great stance and I bet it will run great.

Don is dead on, they are so many threads on Clodtalk about dual brushless and how to set it up. You will have answers in no time.

Get over to you buddy's place ASAP Rick, pick that old Clod up right away!

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

I wish I could, ive been trying for over a year to catch up with him. :roll: but I guess its time to press him about it. he keeps saying he needs to get it out and its all packed away. its a stock chassis with a ESP chassis brace and full bearrings Trninty Monster Mash motors and a big Novak speed control, Chrome wheels Imex tires. and a set of Aluminum wheels, but that was the last time I saw it :lol: around 10 or so years ago.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

Pick up an EVX2 ESC and 550 motors from a Traxxas EMaxx cheap on ebay. Run a 4S battery pack. Plenty of power and speed. Thats what I ran last year in my Clod at the Vonats. I had reservations about the setup at first, but once it hit the ground, I was very happy with it. The 550 brushed motors hold up very well. I used the stock gearing, it was fast, torquey, and amazingly the motors barely got warm. No Y harnesses necessary, prewired for 2 packs 2 motors.

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

thank you Brandon I will look into that
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

Traxxas part #'s 3975 and 3975R for the motors.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

How is it running? Any new pics?