Grasshoppa!

The place for all things Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

treystoys
Approved Member

Grasshoppa!

Post by treystoys »

What else can I say, its a grasshopper :mrgreen: Nothing too fancy, I honestly don't know if its an original or a re-re. I bought it maybe 10 years ago new in box. Added a ball bearing kit, and ran it a while with a few different motors, from the 380 to I think a 10 double :shock: :lol: Needless to say I fail to remember these guys being so scary to run as a child lol but it certainly is. As of now its got a Tamiya black can motor in it, which is more than enough motor for it, and I also recently installed a set of a aluminum wheels on it after destroying the front wheels in a multiple barrel roll crash!! I think that may have been with the 10 turn in it :roll: Anyhow, its semi retired for now, but could always be beat on again :wink:

Trey

and again with its shelf buddies...note **the other two do not get run!!**

ca-rj
Approved Member

Re: Grasshoppa!

Post by ca-rj »

The Grasshopper/Hornet is a pretty terrible car, yet I have one of each and love them. My GH once looked as nice as yours. It's been run way too much and survived 2 kids learning how to drive an RC car.
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

treystoys
Approved Member

Post by treystoys »

I was tempted to let my girls learn on this car, but with anything other than the 380, and even at times with it lol its a rollover waiting to happen. I got them started with the newer mini scale stuff, and they have picked it up really fast.

Trey

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

My 2 year old is learning with a 55T motor installed. It's the perfect speed for him to get the hang of the controls and it can't go fast enough to do any serious damage if it runs into things.
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258