2.2 rims

The place for all things Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rfoxloon20

2.2 rims

Post by rfoxloon20 »

Going on a beach holiday with my son and need to mount some paddle tires on some rims for our tamiyas and 1 traxxas, I see alot of 2.2 paddle tires on amazon. Can anyone tell me which tamiya dish or otherwise buggy rims are 2.2 inch with a 12mm hex mounting system? My trf uses pins only, but the rustler is 2.2 qnd 12mm mount, maybe I should grab some traxxas rims and mount paddles on those. All these tire/rim choices confuse me. I see alot of tamiya off road dish wheels on amazon for the db01 etc., are most of these 2.2 and do most tamiyas use 12mm mount, or are most pin type mount system? What about associated rims?
thank you, I just want a simple r7m and paddle combo that will fit the beaters we are taking, should I buy the tires and mount them on the existing buggy rims, they are just ca glued.

squirrelnutz
Approved Member

Re: 2.2 rims

Post by squirrelnutz »

Tamiya Sand Viper uses 12mm hexes on the rear end. Also you can try Top Force rims. They are 12mm hex and I'm pretty sure they are 2.2" as well.

Delorean
Approved Member

Post by Delorean »

tamiya DF03 rims are true 2.2 inch if you want the best fit for the tyre and they use 12mm hex

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

blackfoot 3 rims with sand paw truck tires should work great

rfoxloon20

Post by rfoxloon20 »

I ended up getting one set of hpi sand paws mounted on b44 rims for the rusler and a set of proline paddles mounted on merv 2.2 rims for the kyosho triumph. We leavecin 10 days, took along my fully modded tt01 and my sons neo scorcher with a few hop ups for parking lot/park bashing, they are down there waiting for us.