Please help support RC10Talk.com!
Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Any contribution helps!!

Nichimo Exceed Pro 443

The place to go when it doesn't fit anywhere else..

Moderator: shodog

Basher67
Approved
What was your first real rc car?: Tamiya Hornet

Nichimo Exceed Pro 443

Post by Basher67 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:54 am

Thought I'd share a pic of one of my recent finds. It's in good "played with" condition. The rear servo saver was broke but I just found one on ebay. Can't wait 'till it arrives so I can drive this thing. 4 wheel steering was fun on the Clodbuster. It has to add to the fun factor on a buggy on a buggy right?
Attachments
DSC06673.JPG

Lonestar
What was your first real rc car?: MRC Bullit

Re: Nichimo Exceed Pro 443

Post by Lonestar » Thu May 18, 2017 7:33 am

Very sweet - at some point, the most complex buggy on the market with 4WDS and shaft-drive... I believe ground clearance was an issue to turn it to a proper racer, but it looks good nonetheless! that's a LOT of rear steering on the pic... that thing must be a handful to drive :mrgreen:
Broken Pix Links? Blame greedy Photobocket... viewtopic.php?f=39&t=41908&start=45

Basher67
Approved

Post by Basher67 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:27 am

The design on these cars is odd in my opinion. The center diff design seems ahead of it's time and while some of the chassis layout seems well thought out, some of it looks like an afterthought. It looks like they tried to make their version of a hotshot but better. They may have been more successful if the quality of the plastic was better. Most hard brittle plastic I've ever seen on an rc. For all its faults though, rollcages and 4ws is sure to make me smile every time.

Lonestar
What was your first real rc car?: MRC Bullit

Post by Lonestar » Thu May 18, 2017 9:26 am

Basher67 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 8:27 am
For all its faults though, rollcages and 4ws is sure to make me smile every time.
Exactly - I'd love one myself, honestly. Don't run it too hard as the plastics have the reputation of breaking just by sneezing next to them indeed...
Broken Pix Links? Blame greedy Photobocket... viewtopic.php?f=39&t=41908&start=45

NomadRacer
What was your first real rc car?: Tamiya Sand Scorcher

Post by NomadRacer » Thu May 18, 2017 9:55 am

That.Is.Nice! Thanks for sharing your "score". Reminds me of my days (late 70's - 80's) cruising hobby shops in Okinawa, Japan.

tamiyadan
Approved
What was your first real rc car?: Big bear

Post by tamiyadan » Thu May 18, 2017 3:14 pm

nichimos are fun

The lumiunous was the Race ready version. basically they stripped it down it was a 2ws/4wd buggy with the center power transfer slipper.
it was lightened and used a full lexan body.

the cosmo shooter was the 2wd race ready version.

of note is Nichimo put out FWD buggies, this was before kyosho put out the maxxum and FWD started to become a thing in the late 1980s early 1990s.

Basher67
Approved

Post by Basher67 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:11 pm

That's a great ad showing all the Nichimo models. I have to admit, until I came across this one, I'd never seen or heard of one before. I couldn't pass it up for $50 especially with the box. I don't think I'll do a fresh body for this car. I kinda dig the "as raced" patina on this one. I think it looks good on the shelf as is.

tamiyadan
Approved
What was your first real rc car?: Big bear

Post by tamiyadan » Fri May 19, 2017 1:42 am

if you put them in the context of the era which was Hotshot to bigwig time line they were good competition.
However they got rare and non-existent fast in the time line since the distributors all died and parts stopped making out outside of asia and japan.
3rd party support never followed since they never went mainstream like tamiyas did.

today you have more parts support off ebay then you ever dreamed of back in the late 1980s.

also people used to confuse them with NIKKO since the names sounded the same, but it was different companies.

Return to “Other Makes/Models”