The Official "What is it?" Thread

Need something identified? This is the place.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Basher67
Approved Member

Re: The Official "What is it?" Thread

Post by Basher67 »

I'm definitely buying it. :lol:

Brad
Approved Member

Post by Brad »

These two cars , I am pretty sure one is a 4WD Javelin. The other has me super stumped.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

romulus22
Approved Member

Post by romulus22 »

Basher67 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:05 pm I'm definitely buying it. :lol:
Killer find!!! I'm no expert but it sure looks like they stuck Dynamic wheels on there. Other than that I don't know much about the Ra Car. In that condition with that body it would bring some serious $$$ on eBay if listed correctly.

Brad
Approved Member

Post by Brad »

Ok, So I already listed the 4WD car and it brought over $150. I was shocked. But I have no idea of its value. The 2wd car is going next. Just not sure how to list it. You said if listed correctly. Was it worth more. Has 8 mins left if your interested

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

It would bring some serious class to my display shelf!

Brad
Approved Member

Post by Brad »

Well now I’m having sellers remorse! Lol.

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

Sorry partner, talking about the aluminum body car above. Your car with the orange rollcage is a javelin with turbo optima wheels on the back and proline wheels on the front. The other one is an Ultima with an aftermarket chassis and the wing off of your javelin. It has the other two turbo optima wheels with cosmo tires on the back.

Brad
Approved Member

Post by Brad »

Basher67 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:31 pm Sorry partner, talking about the aluminum body car above. Your car with the orange rollcage is a javelin with turbo optima wheels on the back and proline wheels on the front. The other one is an Ultima with an aftermarket chassis and the wing off of your javelin. It has the other two turbo optima wheels with cosmo tires on the back.
Gotcha, Yes the after market chassis is what got me. Ok. Thank you. Yes the RC10 is my oringinal first R/C car. I’m trying to get all the mods together for it to create a brushless racer with 2.2 wheels to compete at club level.

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Darnit Brad, I saw that Javelin in the background in one of the photos you posted last week and I meant to ask you about it but I forgot. I would gladly have paid 150 for that car. Back at my home track in Illinois during the late '80's, we raced four classes: 540 stock, RC10 (stock and mod) and 4wd mod. Well, I had been racing RC10 for a while but I wanted something to run 540 so I bought an Ultima when they were first released and that thing was awesome! We ran a 10-race series during that summer and I managed to win every race. Guys would come to me after the race and say "Dang Franklin, you can really drive!". I'd say "No, it's not me, it's the car." That was true. It had decent shocks and a gear diff and, out of the box, that car handled great, jumped flat and was generally very easy to drive.
Doug

romulus22
Approved Member

Post by romulus22 »

Basher67 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:24 pm It would bring some serious class to my display shelf!
Just making you aware for when it comes time to part.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Brad wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:22 pm Ok, So I already listed the 4WD car and it brought over $150. I was shocked. But I have no idea of its value. The 2wd car is going next. Just not sure how to list it. You said if listed correctly. Was it worth more. Has 8 mins left if your interested
that javelin went pretty cheap then. Probably due to the fact that you can get a re-re one now. I've paid that for the cage parts :roll:
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Brad
Approved Member

Post by Brad »

Yep. I was definitely guilty here of not having a clue about what I had or its value. I wasn’t interested in it so that makes for a good deal for another. Im glad someone will use or rebuild it. Gonna list the ultima next. I assume it won’t bring nearly as much. Not sure if I should strip the electronics or not.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

This topic seems to be moving subtly from "What is it?" to "What's it worth?" :x That's not what this thread is for. The cars have been identified, and listed on eBay. eBay will determine the value in either case.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

therigliveson
Approved Member

Post by therigliveson »

I've got little experience with on-road cars and picked this up in a bundle a couple weeks back. I've been trying to determine what I've got, but I bet the gurus here can nail it right away!
Attachments
Pan Car 235mm Body.jpg
Pan Car 2.jpg
RC10, FX10, JRX2 PRO, Blackfoot, Bolink Eliminator...much more, probably too much. :lol:

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Bolink Eliminator but we need to see the rear to know which version- Eliminator 10, 91 Sport etc
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website