Approved Member

Re: Delta 1/10th cars pictures

Post by V12 »

edit

tiger1
Approved Member

Post by tiger1 »

Anyone know where to get delta Villain IFS manual??

Thanks in advance ;)

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

V12 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:41 pm When searching for informations on Delta cars I found two cars where ich struggle finding anything about.
This is the 1/12th P12 and the 1/10th Probe.
For the P12 I wonder where this name come from, all other Delta 1/12th are Phaser, Super-Phaser, Spider and now P12? :o
For the Probe I just know this was the first Delta 1/10th but I can´t find anything on this car. I spoke to someone who has Delta cars since years and he also just know there was a Probe but he also didn´t see anything on this car.

Someone knows anything on these two Deltas?
Probe wasn't the name of a Delta car, it was the name of a company, Probe Enterprises, that built a quick change battery version of the Delta Villain called the Interceptor. According to Dave at Delta the Interceptor was the idea of friend and Delta team driver Steve Stifel and only a few were ever made.

The Feb. '89 issue of RCCA has coverage of the Second Annual Car Action Weekend at Lake Whippoorwill, FL and it mentions Steve Stifel and one of two Interceptors raced at that event:

It's hard to tell anything from that pic but the quick change system is very similar to the one used on the Bolink Enduro. The battery tray slides onto 4 screw heads on the bottom of the chassis and is locked into place by a spring loaded pin that drops down through the chassis. The pin extends up through the top of the car's body and you pull up on the pin to unlock the tray.

While looking for info on the Interceptor I also happened across another Probe Enterprises built car that raced at the Third Annual Car Action Weekend a year later. This one was a conversion for the RC10L and was raced by Kent Clausen.

tamiyadan
Approved Member

Post by tamiyadan »

camlchris
Approved Member

Post by camlchris »

V12 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:41 pm When searching for informations on Delta cars I found two cars where ich struggle finding anything about.
This is the 1/12th P12 and the 1/10th Probe.
For the P12 I wonder where this name come from, all other Delta 1/12th are Phaser, Super-Phaser, Spider and now P12? :o
For the Probe I just know this was the first Delta 1/10th but I can´t find anything on this car. I spoke to someone who has Delta cars since years and he also just know there was a Probe but he also didn´t see anything on this car.

Someone knows anything on these two Deltas?
IMG_5271.JPG
I think this is what you are looking for !

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Nice.

I had a feeling the estimate I got of 3 or 4 made was way too low. The Interceptor chassis I picked up is un-used but one of the battery trays that came with it was used....so that would account for 2. I've also been speaking to a guy on RCTech that owns a 3rd. Yours make 4. Dave at Delta owned one and there were two raced at the 2nd Car Action Weekend.

If you are looking for a battery tray, I got one I can spare.

camlchris
Approved Member

Post by camlchris »

Thanks Phin , I have the battery tray , but it is just located somewhere in my house. :D