Delta 1/10th cars pictures

The place for all things Delta.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

V12
Approved Member

Delta 1/10th cars pictures

Post by V12 »

I´m into RC since about 30 years now (with some off times) and have run about any possible electric class and 1/8th nitro onroad during this time but the 1/10th electric pan cars had been my favourite class until now. Unfortunately I have given away all of my older pan cars beside my HPI RS10G what was my last pan car when I retired from this class in 1998.
Meanwhile I´m back again and beside some new cars got parts for AE 10LS, 10L2 and 10L3 for rebuilding.

One other brand I always wanted was Delta. Back in the days I had some friends running Delta 1/12th but never saw any of their 1/10th cars.
Meanwhile I know there was a 1/10th Villain and a 1/10th Super Villain also some special IFS front end. Was there also some other 1/10th Delta beside this 2 cars or any variations on these?
Are there any galleries with some detailed pictures from the 1/10th cars and how is the chance for getting one of these cars today?

a01butal
Approved Member

Re: Delta 1/10th cars pictures

Post by a01butal »

You could try this site http://www.megaegg.ne.jp/~delta-mania/index.html
also some cars are pictured in threads on the other makes/models forum right here on 10talk so you could try a search on that forum.

This is all very interesting!

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

Thanks. Will do more search in the forum.
I had found that japanese site already but did hope there is another website with higher resolution pictures so you could see a little more details from the design of the cars.

I had found a comment from someone at another forum who did collect Delta cars for 15 years but unfortunately lost the address to this website.

camlchris
Approved Member

Post by camlchris »

here is my DELTA.
Attachments
IMG_0226.jpg
IMG_0227.jpg
IMG_0228.jpg

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

Thanks for the pictures. :D
The 1/10th car is a Villain from my knowledge right?
What brand are these orange wheels? Did Delta also have their own wheels for 1/10th as they had for 1/12t as the colour look similar? I just know of the old Ellegi wheels what also were orange but I think it´s not the same orange.

Did you run this car in the past or did you buy this somewhere?

Jerzi
Approved Member

Post by Jerzi »

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

Thanks for the pictures!
Meanwhile I did read the IFS frontend is a rare thing and now there are right 2 cars with that frontend.
Where did you find such a car or do you have this since a long time?
I hope I can find such a Delta 1/10th also anytime but I think it´s not that easy if you don´t know where to look.

I have to say it´s very amazing to see how advanced these Delta cars were that time. As I said in my first posting some friends of me were racing Delta 1/12th cars very long time ago but these didn´t have this IFS frontend.
It would be interesting to see how this frontend would work today.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I have a 1/12 Delta IFS front end NIP that I can share the instructions and images with you, and Trinity used there parts for the revolver/Magic Carpet Ride IFS front end as well, they just changed the ball cups and the captured ends-

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

Thank you that would be very nice. I will send you PM about this.

Jerzi
Approved Member

Post by Jerzi »

How rare are these 1/10 delta cars :?:
Jerzi

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

I think the Delta 1/10th cars are as rare as most of the cars from that age. I think the only older cars what you could get in larger numbers are the RC10L.
Maybe this also depends in which country you´re living. Here you can find the very first RC10L quite often at Ebay and with some luck you can find Lynx II also sometimes. For any other 1/10th car it´s difficult but I haven´t searched very often until now.

camlchris
Approved Member

Post by camlchris »

V12 wrote:Thanks for the pictures. :D
The 1/10th car is a Villain from my knowledge right?
What brand are these orange wheels? Did Delta also have their own wheels for 1/10th as they had for 1/12t as the colour look similar? I just know of the old Ellegi wheels what also were orange but I think it´s not the same orange.

Did you run this car in the past or did you buy this somewhere?
Hi V12, Sorry for getting back u late. This DELTA Villain IFS is very rare & hard to find now. I got it from a collector. The wheels are Ellegi , and it is orange -red color. May be the light , when I taking the photos", change the color of them.
No, I never run this car, but I plan to run it . I have 1/10 Super Villain which is similar to the 1/12 Super Spyder. I will post it soon.

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

Hi camlchris
Ah OK I know these Ellegi wheels, I still have them in the old tirebox from the past. You just didn´t see on the picture what type these wheels are.
You have a Villain IFS and a Super Villain? You´re lucky guy. :)
I hope I can find both a 1/10th and a 1/12th Delta anytime in future. Searching trough Google I did find a Villain in new conditions at Ebay, right some days after the auction had ended.

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

When searching for informations on Delta cars I found two cars where ich struggle finding anything about.
This is the 1/12th P12 and the 1/10th Probe.
For the P12 I wonder where this name come from, all other Delta 1/12th are Phaser, Super-Phaser, Spider and now P12? :o
For the Probe I just know this was the first Delta 1/10th but I can´t find anything on this car. I spoke to someone who has Delta cars since years and he also just know there was a Probe but he also didn´t see anything on this car.

Someone knows anything on these two Deltas?

camlchris
Approved Member

Post by camlchris »

V12 wrote:When searching for informations on Delta cars I found two cars where ich struggle finding anything about.
This is the 1/12th P12 and the 1/10th Probe.
For the P12 I wonder where this name come from, all other Delta 1/12th are Phaser, Super-Phaser, Spider and now P12? :o
For the Probe I just know this was the first Delta 1/10th but I can´t find anything on this car. I spoke to someone who has Delta cars since years and he also just know there was a Probe but he also didn´t see anything on this car.

Someone knows anything on these two Deltas?
Delta's 1/12 are named as following order:
1) Phaser (no suspension)
2) Super Phaser ( which Art won the W.C.)
3) Super Phaser IFS
4) P12 Spyder ( the first 3 shocks on the rear end, and it has 2 version on the rear shock mounting system)
5) Super Spyder ( this is the final 1/12 DELTA made , the motor is mount in the centre line, just like the 12L )

Hope this infor can help. :D