Please help support RC10Talk.com!
Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Any contribution helps!!

duratrax evader

The place to go when it doesn't fit anywhere else..

Moderator: shodog

urpaldan
Approved
What was your first real rc car?: Tamiya bearhawk

duratrax evader

Post by urpaldan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:49 am

hey guys. anybody noticed the extreme similarities between the duratrax cars and the losi xx/xxt? it looks like some of the parts could be interchangeable. i wonder if any one has any experience of this? spares are readily available and you can get some pretty cool anodised bits and pieces. any info would be greatly appreciated.

CamplinP
Life Saver
What was your first real rc car?: The Fox

Re: duratrax evader

Post by CamplinP » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:02 pm

Yup. Losi sold their old designs to duratrax. My son had an evader and I bought an old losi chassis for $1 on clearance and it fit exactly. I am not sure about all the parts though. The car was not that great.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

kaiser
What was your first real rc car?: tamiya wild one

Post by kaiser » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:18 pm

the gearboxes are different, a buddy of mine had one. he got a bearing kit but the bearigns wouldn't fit the gearbox, some odd spacing in there or something like that.
wannabe farmer

CamplinP
Life Saver
What was your first real rc car?: The Fox

Post by CamplinP » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:22 pm

kaiser wrote:the gearboxes are different, a buddy of mine had one. he got a bearing kit but the bearigns wouldn't fit the gearbox, some odd spacing in there or something like that.
That makes sense. Even with a stock motor the Evader trans was always in need of something. I have never had the two side by side but I know they used old Losi designs (loosely).
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

wyldbill

Post by wyldbill » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:11 am

2 local racers use to race the evader truck at Birdsboro and they got around the concrete oval pretty good. they were similar to the losi conterparts except for metric hardware, bearings and hinge pins. the transmissions were different and internal gears were not interchangeable and they were very noisy it was either poor alignment or the cheaper plastic. they used cheaper plastic for all components the graphite pro versions were the better ones to get.

RichieRich
Approved
What was your first real rc car?: Tamiya Frog

Post by RichieRich » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:37 am

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard Duratrax "Invader", I'd be able to buy some nice hop-ups.

billetproofcustoms
Approved
What was your first real rc car?: tamiya subaru brat

Post by billetproofcustoms » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:19 am

IMO ,

the Evader ST and the Evader ST Pro are/can be great trucks...I have loved every one of them I have owned and or built. Here is my favorite Evader build I did recently.

Worst thing Duratrax ever did was drop this line of trucks, the EXT, and now the DT.(?) are not my cup or tea. Still sort of the same truck, but cheezier... :roll:

sgirouard
Approved
What was your first real rc car?: Tamiya Lunch Box

Post by sgirouard » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:02 pm

billetproofcustoms wrote:IMO ,

the Evader ST and the Evader ST Pro are/can be great trucks...I have loved every one of them I have owned and or built. Here is my favorite Evader build I did recently.

Worst thing Duratrax ever did was drop this line of trucks, the EXT, and now the DT.(?) are not my cup or tea. Still sort of the same truck, but cheezier... :roll:

Yeah, When duratrax released their ST and BX, they were actually very good. Then they came out with the EXT and EXB (same design just cheaper material) and really took a hit.. I had and Evader BX pro, and that was a very capable buggy.

They weren't clones of the XX but they had the same basic design.

mamadoesn`tletme
Approved
What was your first real rc car?: asso rc10

Post by mamadoesn`tletme » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:05 pm

the pro versions were very cool,I wish I had one..
My country beats yours, yeah! Regarding corruption, I bet mine beats any country in the world.
My Gallery: viewtopic.php?f=77&t=27809

Return to “Other Makes/Models”