M.A.N.E Eclipse

The place to go when it doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV
Approved Member

M.A.N.E Eclipse

Post by GoMachV »

I've always loved this car. Kitcar, a local shop that is long gone, had one in their window built up. It looked amazing. Fast forward to about a year ago I found one new in box. Went with a set of TRC tires and Andys Cougar GTO body. Pretty happy overall! The kit is a difficult one to build as the manual is terrible and hard to see the pics.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

CruzinCustomz
Approved Member

Re: M.A.N.E Eclipse

Post by CruzinCustomz »

Nice, I love the body choice!

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

There was something about the title of this thread that rang a bell “M.A.N.E.”. Then, when I scrolled down to check out the pics, it hit me. I have a set of those shocks in their original packaging in one of my parts boxes. No other car parts, just the shocks. A racer friend who also ran the lhs back in Springfield Illinois got them for me for a pan car build – I think. I had never heard of this manufacturer before nor have I seen anything by them since. GoMachV, if you want the shocks let me know and I will send them to you no cost. I will never use them. Anyway, this is a really neat car. I can’t tell from the pics but does it use the same type of shocks on the back end?
Doug

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Shocks are the same front and rear, and I’d be happy to take those off your hands. I’ll send you a message
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

GoMachV wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:08 am Shocks are the same front and rear, and I’d be happy to take those off your hands. I’ll send you a message
I had to do a little scrounging but I was able to locate all the parts for two shocks. This includes the instructions - which are... well... interesting - appear to have been prepared in a rush. The bag’s flag-tag indicated that it was a Bolink shock conversion kit p/n M1091. I had installed one of the shocks on my 10L when I had it in a 3-shock configuration. It’s back to box-stock now so I won’t need the MANE shocks. Anyway, I’m confident they’re going to good home. I’ll drop them in the post to you this afternoon. Can you tell us what you know about this company? I noticed they were (are?) in Canada. The Eclipse is so unique, there can't be many of these left in the world. True?
Doug

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

I wish I knew more about them, but sadly their Canadian base is about all I know. They were definitely innovative and if there was a class for the car I’m sure it would have helped sales! Being independent and direct drive, it would have been at home possibly on a well packed dirt oval.

I saw mention of a shock conversion for the Bolink somewhere (maybe a price guide?) and I have a few Bolink so that will be an awesome upgrade! Thank you!
Factory Works website

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Awhile back I was thinking about how I'd upgrade a Bolink Super Digger and as I went a long with the idea I realized that the car I pictured was essentially an Eclipse. I wouldn't be surprised if M.A.N.E. actually came up with the Eclipse the same way.

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Interesting! What's the approximate time frame? Like the Bolink, were these around also before the CW's direct drive dirt oval cars?
BTW - GoMachV, the USPS guy says your package should arrive Monday.
Doug

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Not certain on the exact ages but the Bolink cars have got maybe around 6 years on the Eclipse and a couple on the Dominator. DD transmissions like the J-Car were out before the Eclipse too.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Xlr8, I received the shocks today, thank you! I will build up the second one and get them mounted up. I really appreciate it!
Factory Works website

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

GoMachV wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:28 pm Xlr8, I received the shocks today, thank you! I will build up the second one and get them mounted up. I really appreciate it!
Wow, a day early even. I mailed them Thursday from Alabama. Anyway, glad I could help.
Doug