Please help support RC10Talk.com!
Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Any contribution helps!!

AYK Pro Radiant

The place to go when it doesn't fit anywhere else..

Moderator: shodog

klavy69
What was your first real rc car?: rc10gt
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: AYK Pro Radiant

Post by klavy69 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:59 am

oooh, white goodness 8)

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

tamiyadan
Approved
What was your first real rc car?: Big bear

Post by tamiyadan » Sat May 13, 2017 3:10 am

when it snaps don't go crying :-)

klavy69
What was your first real rc car?: rc10gt
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:22 pm

You've got to run them to snap them or at least try to overtighten the pinion gear so I don't think thats gonna be a issue :wink:

Not a shot at you dinglem, just a vote of confidence in your abilities to put a pinion gear on and from your past posts you don't really run your stuff too hard before retirement to the shelf :mrgreen:

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

dinglem
Approved
What was your first real rc car?: Mid

Post by dinglem » Sat May 13, 2017 6:35 pm

Haha... yeah, that appears to be true! Coincidentally I was getting pictures of some of my motors today, i mean the ones i used each season towards the end of my racing days and daaaaym they look brand new!

These two pink edition MG Red Dots lasted the whole of the '93 stock race season for example.

18471273_408444496208293_1356191730_n.jpg
I purchased the ceramic armature jobbie basically just to go with the Pro Radiant build. It won't get run. I have a couple of other Race Prep-esq orange endbell motors which i won't mind actually running; a pair of SRM Scorchers which were essentially just re-labelled Race Prep stamped motors for the UK market, and one of which i had when i was racing in my earlier days, so that is perfect as it has a link to me.

I also just noticed today that the pair of older white edition MG Red Dots I have from the '89 season are actually also AYK items. The endbells have AYK Racing stamped around the centre. I've never really seen any other red endbells before, but i could also always use one of those too.

18449924_408447629541313_656908077_n.jpg
I am quite liking the tie to my old MG sponsored racing days so was trying to work out which motors to mount in each build i am working on (I am making the classic error of working on many at the same time) which is why i was taking pictures of them all to gauge condition, colours etc.... MG also adopted the ceramic armatures from Race Prep as well, so that was another reason why i jumped at that armature. In fact the seller threw in the can and endbell as a freebie after i said i would have the armature itself and told him what it was going in. I was intending putting it into an MG modified can which I have here.

But going back to klavy69's point - i think it was my dad who was pretty clinical with all of my equipment. I just used to drive and he constructed our pit box, did all the car building, mods and preparation. He even charged all of the batteries and sorted the cars out on race day. I guess he was funding it all too so it was kind of all his gear anyway! But yeah - i am thankful now, as everyting i have has been carefully and properly stored away and well cared for.

So now i have the correct saddle pack chassis and a suitable motor choice for the car it is pretty much build time.... the chassis was the missing piece of the jigsaw really.

dinglem
Approved
What was your first real rc car?: Mid

Post by dinglem » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:56 am

Latest find is a pair of original battery straps for the Race Prep saddle pack chassis, and a spare rear bumper/guard which has been highly polished. Using that to race will mean I won't get too precious about using and marking up that mint and iconic gold original.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Return to “Other Makes/Models”