RC10 B1.5 - Build #1 and #2

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

scr8p
Administrator

RC10 B1.5 - Build #1 and #2

Post by scr8p »

i have wanted to do a build like this for a couple years now. thanks to al, jay, and paul for hooking me up with the nip stuff i needed to get it going. so here's the beginning of my t2 buggy, which i'm calling a B1.5. :)

a couple of other guys have done this already......... carloco8's build comes to mind. but, i didn't want mine to have the long wheelbase. so, i got the new holes drilled in the chassis to move the nose plate back to buggy length. unfortunatly, my 100 degree countersink bit took a crap so i wasn't able to finish it up (and still haven't gotten a new bit :roll: ). i also need to cut the first 7/16" or so off the front, and relocated the servo mount holes. i'll also be designing a new rear shock tower, similar to a standard rc10 buggy rear tower or the worlds tower, made to fit on the t2 bulkhead. i'm still unsure about what front end i want to use on this. i was thinking just a buggy nose plate w/ the standard associated part to finish it off. i'd like to make it look like something that could have come out the same time the t2 did. but, i also wouldn't mind building up something like the "what was old is still old, but new" cars. 10t nose plate, worlds tower, dynotech arms, b44 cvd, b4 rims, etc. i guess i'll just see how it all plays out.

i put some of the car together, mainly so i could see how the battery sat, and if i'd need to move the battery box back, since the servo was going to be moved back. but, it should be able to stay where it's at. the hold down will need to be modified a bit, though. it definately won't be able to run 7 cells anymore, but i doubt a battery will ever go in this car once it's done anyway. :mrgreen:

here it is so far. not much to look at yet, but.......
001.JPG
002.JPG

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: RC10 B1.5

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Hey Jason, that isn't a B1.5, its an AE kit #8999--put a truck front K/U on it with some B2 arms!

And BTW no gear cover in the 6010 box other than factory :| , time to clean the garage :lol:

Soncho Ponza
Approved Member

Post by Soncho Ponza »

Iv looked at that chassis and thought about doing a similar build. this should be cool set up as buggy. I like the idea :D

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Charlie don't surf wrote:And BTW no gear cover in the 6010 box other than factory :| , time to clean the garage :lol:
thanks reg, i was pretty sure i took it out of that box. so the search continues..........................

Soncho Ponza
Approved Member

Post by Soncho Ponza »

The way the sides kick up make that one of the coolist looking chassis Assoc came out with R you going to make some custom towers front and back, And what vintage of body r u going to use?

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Somebody must be feeling better, he is on a building spree.

Just so you know, even though you said you don't like copies, I'll likely copy everything you do. Differenc would be long wheelbase. :wink:
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

wyldbill
Approved Member

Post by wyldbill »

hey jay, you should try to see if you can fit in one of dustin's new G.F.R.P. delrin trannies with the sc10 gear diff. that would be super heavy duty.
http://www.dirtoval.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40903
http://www.dirtoval.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40535

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

wyldbill wrote:hey jay, you should try to see if you can fit in one of dustin's new G.F.R.P. delrin trannies with the sc10 gear diff. that would be super heavy duty.
that's an idea. putting the gear diff in it would be pretty cool. i'll have to look into that.
mrlexan wrote:Somebody must be feeling better, he is on a building spree.
well......... more like a picture taking spree. :)

it's been sitting like this for a month or so now. i just figured i'd get some build pics up.

carloco8
Approved Member

Post by carloco8 »

From the creative mind comes a creative product! It's definitely one car to be set apart from the others :wink:

Looking forward to the finished ride scr8p 8)
Old school racing all the way!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Soncho Ponza wrote:The way the sides kick up make that one of the coolist looking chassis Assoc came out with R you going to make some custom towers front and back, And what vintage of body r u going to use?
i'm just making a new rear one to fit the bulkhead. i was thinking about picking up a carbon fiber front tower from our member atlas next time he lists some on ebay. that way i can use the .89 threaded shocks up front.

as for a body....... i don't know yet. i was thinking either a viper, or i'll get one of the turbo mirage bodies from jay for it. with how quick my builds get done, it'll be awhile before it needs a lid on it. :lol:

also, once i'm done getting it all fit together, it's getting torn down and everything is getting sent out to be re-anodized a different color. tub, nose plate, motor plate, motor guard, nose brace tubes, shock bodies and caps, etc. i might have my dad's neighbor do some "worlds type" milling on the tub, too. we'll see.........

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

scr8p wrote:

also, once i'm done getting it all fit together, it's getting torn down and everything is getting sent out to be re-anodized a different color. tub, nose plate, motor plate, motor guard, nose brace tubes, shock bodies and caps, etc. i might have my dad's neighbor do some "worlds type" milling on the tub, too. we'll see.........
Hey scr8p,
who do you send out to for anodizing? Been lookin for some references and you are a little more local than some of the ones I've been seeing...
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i talked to a place about an hour or so south of me awhile back about doing some stuff. i don't remember their name. i'll have to find it again.

i've never sent anything out to be anodized before (to them or anyone else), so i don't know what kind of quality the finished product will be. but, i'm gonna find out. hopefully it'll be worth the $100 or so it's gonna cost.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

wyldbill wrote:hey jay, you should try to see if you can fit in one of dustin's new G.F.R.P. delrin trannies with the sc10 gear diff. that would be super heavy duty.
http://www.dirtoval.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40903
http://www.dirtoval.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40535
The SC10 diff will not fit that trans case. The SC10 diff uses a different size bearing, and it's metric. It will only fit the SC10 trans case! :wink:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

dustin's trans case is designed for the gear diff.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Sorry, I should have said T2 transmission case. You are using a 2.6 T2 transmission Right? In any case, Dustin's tranny case is for the B2/B3 top brace and will not fit your rear bulkhead and plate with out many mods. I would just stick to the ball diff. The gear diff was made to match the Slash (AE was hoping they would be accepted in that class) and to cut costs as well. It is poor compared to the ball diff. The ball diff is way better in my SC10, even compared to a tuned gear diff.

Your car is going to be a sweet build BTW!