Ruffy's '93 Worlds car and other vintage items

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Ruffy
Approved Member

Re: Ruffy's '93 Worlds car and other vintage items

Post by Ruffy »

Chamberlain wrote:Oh and I always liked your '93 bodies. way back then and still like that design today.
Thanks Steve!
:D

Ruffy
Approved Member

Post by Ruffy »

Kyosho Fan2 wrote:Ok cool thread, brings back memories. Ive found my team associated shirt with all worlds winning buggies on the back and still looks good.

Do you happen to have the truck chassi and top deck on page 6 and if by chance buggy like masami had as im after a scanned to scale image of those items so i can get the same design made for my B2 which is now fitted with a b4 layshaft and a 6.5.

Also do you have a set up sheet for your zxr for the basildon worlds, i lost my sheet for the warm ups.
I do not have the setup sheet for my ZXR from the worlds, sorry.

Ruffy
Approved Member

Post by Ruffy »

stonecalbon wrote:Rafy Todo esos carros,ropa y alticulos se ven super.Veo q todo te a ido bien luego de irte de PR.De aca te digo q nos acordamos de ti y cada ves q pones un post lo comentamos.Te acuerdas de los domingos de correr en dif sitios,de los q nos votaron pq molestavamos,correr con los muchachos Pedro,Valerio,Rene, en la pista de Tito,la ves q fuimos a Ponce y nos llamaron la policia.Q tiepos aquellos,by the way soy Bryan Olivo tenia 1 hijo cuando eso q tu novia calgaba pq era grande y gordo.Escribeme tengo muchas cosas q contarte y [email protected] :D
Brian, it was great to have seen you after all these years! Thanks for coming to Florida to visit us, as it was great to see you once again! I do remember everything you mentioned here, Good times! Take care my friend!
-Ruffy

Ruffy
Approved Member

Post by Ruffy »

For those wondering: I am still pretty heavy into the vintage cars, I just toned it back a bit for now to spend more time with the current buggy race scene as our vintage class died off here in Florida. It started out good, but soon ended up with me racing my RC10 CE gold pan against the current cars by myself. Still qualified and finished top 3 most every time, but it got to be "lonely". So I bought a few of the current cars and have been racing locally and having a great time once again in the RC car racing sport. Now at 50 years old, it feels great to be able to race the younger racers.
:D

Ruffy
Approved Member

Post by Ruffy »

I am humbled Rob, not an issue with me regarding my worlds paint scheme. I will try and update more often and as I complete projects.

Fiveonomo, it has been a pleasure.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Rob Kuijper wrote:Dear Ruffy,
This forum is amazing, so many stories and projects and information it is just unbelievable, i can read them or hours and still find new intresting things, your topic here and your gallery are awesome, i just had to say it here!
Keep the stories and information coming, i can't get enough from reading them ;-)
Regards
Rob

PS: i will have a replica of your Worlds body painted up in a few weeks, will post the pic's, i hope that it is ok with you that i do a Replica
fiveonomo wrote:Thank you so much for sharing that, what an awesome post. Almost 20 years ago now.....I left for Paris Island in 1993.
mdutcher wrote:Awesome post indeed. The RC10 Worlds Car was my first real RC. It is awesome to relive something and bring it back.
Sorry guys....I deleted these post by mistake :oops:

cochecito

Post by cochecito »

Amazing worlds post. what a treasure ¡¡¡ I´m very jalous

Ruffy
Approved Member

Post by Ruffy »

I was recently sent this picture by Jason Ruona of JConcepts, that his Mom took at the 1991 ROAR Offroad Nationals and think that this may have been the year I was approached by Gene Husting and Mike Reedy for a full sponsorship ride by Associated Electrics and Reedy.
Felt this would be the best place for it.
Attachments
1991 ROAR Nationals.jpg

Ruffy
Approved Member

Post by Ruffy »

Here is a current picture taken just recently at Space Coast R/C in Cocoa, Fl. With Jeff Harris and Don Haywood.
Attachments
2WD_Mod_buggy.jpg

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

My family are all in Clearwater right now....without me (school) sucks, I was going to try to meet up with you guys and run SpaceCoast

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

that looks like an awesome track! I have relatives right in Cocoa, FL, if I get down there to visit, I'll have to make time to check the place out!

Ruffy
Approved Member

Post by Ruffy »

yeah would be great to have you guys come out, the SCRC track is huge and flows perfectly.
Checkout spacecoastrc.com

Dazzieboy

Post by Dazzieboy »

Hi guys, sorry to resurrect an old thread but I've just started looking into old Kyosho World's cars and stumbled upon this. The pics from the first few pages no longer seem to be visable, any chance of getting them sorted or re-sharing them please

Thanks
Darren

menace
Approved Member

Post by menace »

Damn shame all the pics are gone!