View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:13 am

Please help support RC10Talk.com!
Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Any contribution helps!!

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Rc10 servo saver? 

Hi, i'm new at this forum. I have an associated rc 10 team car. I'm starting to rebuild an redecorate it with new pieces. I have a doubt, and it is that i'm looking for a new servo saver for this car, but i don't want the original of rc 10. Any suggestions please!??
Thanks a lot, hi from Argentina!!
Joaquin.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:16 am
Approved

joaquinva1 wrote:
Hi, i'm new at this forum. I have an associated rc 10 team car. I'm starting to rebuild an redecorate it with new pieces. I have a doubt, and it is that i'm looking for a new servo saver for this car, but i don't want the original of rc 10. Any suggestions please!??
Thanks a lot, hi from Argentina!!
Joaquin.

Joaquin,

Check out this piece:

These are after market for the RC10gt and were used on Project X. I had to tap the mounts to thread onto the chassis screws. You have to be careful, the metal is thin, but it worked. You can find them here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GPM-Aluminum-Steeri ... l_Vehicles

Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:26 am
Life Saver

That is just the bellcrank setup. This picture does not have a servo saver in it. In this setup you would need a servo saver that mounted directly to the servo. most RC-10 cars came with one that was part of the cranks. I am away from my stuff or I would post a pic. There are plenty of good photos on here for a reference to a stock setup. I you are not looking for stock there are many ways to set up the steering.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:47 am
Approved

CamplinP wrote:
That is just the bellcrank setup. This picture does not have a servo saver in it. In this setup you would need a servo saver that mounted directly to the servo. most RC-10 cars came with one that was part of the cranks. I am away from my stuff or I would post a pic. There are plenty of good photos on here for a reference to a stock setup. I you are not looking for stock there are many ways to set up the steering.

Yup, I have the servo saver right on the servo. I know which set you are talking about (disregard the measurement arrows):

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:22 am

Thanks again, then the piece i'm looking for is thae one that appears in the first picture, is it called bellcrank??? sorry, my mistake. do u know about that piece made of plastic, easy to install? i don't have much experience in modifying delicate pieces. maybe from the B4 or other...
thanks

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:33 am
Approved

I said the same thing at first. The one in the second picture is from the stock kit. The picture was taken right out of the manual, you can find it on www.rc10.com in the downloads section. Directions are pretty easy to follow.

here are a few auctions I found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-RC10-steeri ... l_Vehicles
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-RC10-steeri ... ccessories
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-RC10-steeri ... ccessories

I like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-RC10-alumin ... ccessories

Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:08 am

I think this link deserves a sticky, there are sure enough people asking about this exact thing. I personally dont use or like the aluminum setups, you strengthen one part of a 'system' too much and other things start breaking, servo gears, ball cups, linkages etc. This retrofit setup is just right

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8782

Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:17 am
Approved

I dont even use a servo saver. World's car manual actually said servo saver is not essential... :mrgreen:

Drive carefully.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:09 am

Thanks a lot for de answers, i have already made the request in towerhob. :wink:
Then i upload photos :)
peace

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]