Houge RC10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

railey72
Approved Member

Re: Houge RC10

Post by railey72 »

Ruffy, here is a pic of the Houge arms. Someone painted them black at one point and they need to be cleaned up but they are definitely Houge. I hadn't really seen any other aluminum Houge arms and I really appreciate the information. Should make a cool build.

JHarris
Approved Member

Post by JHarris »

Those were commercially available and sold in hobby shops for around $70. I remember who made them, but another member didn't seem to think I was right about the manufacturer so I will keep that info to myself.

Ruffy
Approved Member

Post by Ruffy »

Yeah those are the aluminum ones. Jeff just gave us some info as I was unaware as I said, if these were sold commercially. I see that they were as there seem to be quite a few out there.
Excellent, those are definitely the original Houge but in aluminum!
I refer to these as the "commercial phase 1 arms" since the "prototype phase two" arms I saw them prototype years before Andy's had them are identical to those Andy's trailing arms.

RC10Eh
Approved Member

Post by RC10Eh »

For referance ......

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

wow, i miss my houge even more now.

nice buggy.

railey72
Approved Member

Post by railey72 »

That tire/wheel setup looks awesome. I think those are Schumacher tires. Are the rims pro-line?

RC10Eh
Approved Member

Post by RC10Eh »

Yes sir , Proline rims and Schumacher tires .This particular car can be seen in this thread and will explain further the `Cardinal ` http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=302&hilit=Cardinal
I would love to get one up and running . but some Houge items are next to imposable to find . Drives me nuts to see these Houge cars come up on Ebay a couple of times a year . When searching Ebay in Canada unless its worldwide shipping , we do not see the item .
If anyone else is running a Houge swing arm car , would love to see it .
Some of you might remember ( tizeye a fool ;-) ) I tried to get this car up from New Zealand a while back . I am collecting parts now to replicate something close to it . I love the ingenuity of it .

railey72
Approved Member

Post by railey72 »

RC10Eh wrote:Yes sir , Proline rims and Schumacher tires .This particular car can be seen in this thread and will explain further the `Cardinal ` http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=302&hilit=Cardinal
I would love to get one up and running . but some Houge items are next to imposable to find . Drives me nuts to see these Houge cars come up on Ebay a couple of times a year . When searching Ebay in Canada unless its worldwide shipping , we do not see the item .
If anyone else is running a Houge swing arm car , would love to see it .
]
Thanks for the info. I would love to find a tire setup like that someday. Really sharp.

Also, hope to get a thread going soon on my houge build. Thanks for the inspiration.

RC10Eh
Approved Member

Post by RC10Eh »

Adam hooked me up with this , I had no idea it even existed ! Anybody else have some obscure Houge items ? I have a few of the 10l parts and have seen the stutter stopper . I have not been able to find one lick of advertising for this company . Is Mike Houge still around .
I am currently looking for a suitable shell for my shelf car . With the broad forward section of the chassis , the more common shells don't seam to fit . Can any of you guys recommend something ?

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

railey72 wrote:Ruffy, here is a pic of the Houge arms. Someone painted them black at one point and they need to be cleaned up but they are definitely Houge. I hadn't really seen any other aluminum Houge arms and I really appreciate the information. Should make a cool build.

After reading this thread the picture above suddenly looked familiar to me. After rattling through my spares box, I came across these trailing arms. They are from the Kyosho Assault (I have a new build, which I compared them against, just to be sure). They look almost identical, so if you wanted alu trailing arms, I'm sure these would do the job. I imagine a set of mounting blocks could be made up fairly easily?

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, but I thought this info might be of interest.
:)
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

houge38

Post by houge38 »

Just came upon this thread last night. My name is Lucas Houge, the son of Mike Houge. My parents now own a small CNC machine shop just outside of Nashville, TN where we machine and fabricate our own asphalt late models and other racing parts. Its very cool to see these RC cars are still around!

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

houge38 wrote:Just came upon this thread last night. My name is Lucas Houge, the son of Mike Houge. My parents now own a small CNC machine shop just outside of Nashville, TN where we machine and fabricate our own asphalt late models and other racing parts. Its very cool to see these RC cars are still around!
Welcome! Pretty cool to have you join up and say hello. Now of course you're obligated to post pics of your father's old Houge cars. Especially anything that was a custom one-off or a prototype. :mrgreen:

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Welcome Lucas! Your father is a legend around here 8)
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Was just looking through the RCCA scans for an old aluminum wheel ad and by pure coincidence spotted this pic:
Attachments
mikehouge.jpg

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

houge38 wrote:Just came upon this thread last night. My name is Lucas Houge, the son of Mike Houge. My parents now own a small CNC machine shop just outside of Nashville, TN where we machine and fabricate our own asphalt late models and other racing parts. Its very cool to see these RC cars are still around!

do us a favor and start leaving notes around the shop that read "re-release the rc10 parts".

:wink: