PB-10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

85Edinger
Approved Member

Re: PB-10

Post by 85Edinger »

I'm currently dusting this buggy off after it sat the whole winter. It probably needs a transmission/ diff rebuild as I haven't opened it up yet and the diff is starting to get a little gritty. I'm also going to do some work on suspension setup. I've been reading the Rc10 CE setup and race discussion thread. Last year at the VONATs I didn't do very well with this car (I seem to recall being near the back of the B main, at least I wasn't in the C main) and I want to come back this year with a better tune. (On the bright side, I managed 4th out of 11 in Classic class. :D)
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.

85Edinger
Approved Member

Re: PB-10

Post by 85Edinger »

I put it back together on Friday. I put 32.5 wt shock fluid in the front, 30 wt in the rear, and I put the silver springs back on the front. The diff had felt less than stellar when I first put the car back together, but then I turned the car on, held one wheel still, and gave it some throttle (as outlined in the Team Car manual.) It's butter smooth now, and the car runs great.
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.