'91 Composite Craft/RPM Worlds build

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

JPAE07
Approved Member

Re: '91 RPM Worlds build

Post by JPAE07 »

I think you might be giving RC Carbon Works too much credit by putting their sticker on that chassis.

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

JPAE07 wrote:I think you might be giving RC Carbon Works too much credit by putting their sticker on that chassis.
Yea I know and agree, I asked Kim at Composite craft for decals and never saw a thing so I threw the Carbon works decal on there. It'll be removed along with most of the RC carbon works parts shortly. Not to bad mouth them but I should have bought something heavier.

surgetek
Approved Member

Post by surgetek »

JPAE07 wrote:I think you might be giving RC Carbon Works too much credit by putting their sticker on that chassis.
Yeah I just went to their site looking for the chassis....haha :oops:

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

vsefiream wrote:
Yea I know and agree, I asked Kim at Composite craft for decals and never saw a thing so I threw the Carbon works decal on there. It'll be removed along with most of the RC carbon works parts shortly. Not to bad mouth them but I should have bought something heavier.

Aaron has some fantastic shock towers for sale in the BST area. Diggn' the purple screws! 8)

ClemsonRC10

Post by ClemsonRC10 »

I'm definitely feeling inspired by this build. I am currently in the middle of a gold pan runner build, .... and it just veered off course! LOL Ordering one of these chassis for my runner instead. :mrgreen:

JPAE07
Approved Member

Post by JPAE07 »

ClemsonRC10 wrote:I'm definitely feeling inspired by this build. I am currently in the middle of a gold pan runner build, .... and it just veered off course! LOL Ordering one of these chassis for my runner instead. :mrgreen:
That's interesting I've tried getting ahold of Kim via email several times to acquire a couple of these chassis'. I guess I should change methods.

ClemsonRC10

Post by ClemsonRC10 »

JPAE07 wrote:
ClemsonRC10 wrote:I'm definitely feeling inspired by this build. I am currently in the middle of a gold pan runner build, .... and it just veered off course! LOL Ordering one of these chassis for my runner instead. :mrgreen:
That's interesting I've tried getting ahold of Kim via email several times to acquire a couple of these chassis'. I guess I should change methods.
I was planning to order Friday. Hopefully I will have better luck than it sounds like you have.... :?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

most of the parts on your gold pan runner will not work on that chassis. just throwing it out there in case you weren't aware.

ClemsonRC10

Post by ClemsonRC10 »

scr8p wrote: most of the parts on your gold pan runner will not work on that chassis. just throwing it out there in case you weren't aware.
My inexperience with these cars is showing :oops: . LOL Thanks for the info. Still considering this though....

joel45acp
Approved Member

Post by joel45acp »

I can't seem to locate a website to purchase one of these chassis.
In Christ,

Joel C.

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

joel45acp
Approved Member

Post by joel45acp »

Thanks buddy. I knew I could count on you homie. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
In Christ,

Joel C.

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

Thanks for the comments guys.

Just a couple bits of info:

1- This chassis is designed to use the RPM worlds parts which are getting harder to find. I found a complete car with a less than stelar chassis as my starting point. See my earlier posts

2- A couple guys have been trying to order this chassis and been having a tough time. I contacted CC through Facebook then called directly per their reply. I gave them a credit card at time of purchase. I spoke with Kim last month on Mini's behalf and the production is slow. CC needs at least 4 orders per carbon style before they cut. This was not the case when I ordered as far as I knew. I would suggest calling CC for details.

Id love to see a few more of these chassis out there!

aip47-2008
Approved Member

Post by aip47-2008 »

CompositeCraft Inc.
6127 Anno Ave.
Orlando, FL. 32809
407-857-5343
compositecraftinc.com
[email protected]

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

Its all fixed up. Thanks to Aaron for some killer shock towers!!
I corrected the front steering linkage, swapped the B3 slipper for a B4, and swapped to stiffer silver springs. I added some travel limiters to the front shocks in an effort to keep the front end down and increase steering response. I also swapped to matching hole shot front tires for improved grip. The rebound is a little slow in the rear yet. I may have to change to a lighter oil in the back. Lastly I swapped most of the aluminum hardware out of the front end in favor of steel. Bent screws in the upper plate brace were my concern for doing this. I also needed to lock nut the shock tower screws so the aluminum hardware was replaced with longer steel screws and lock nuts. I feel the weak spots have all been corrected.

I keep adding to this post... I'll try and keep all the tweaks I do to the car if only for my own record. One last thing I just remembered is the fact that the transmission came completely loose from the chassis and brace and was wobbling around in it's location. This happened just after the second heat. I was able to locate M3 screws for the bottom and slightly longer 4-40 screws in stainless for the trans brace. I'm sure all the abuse the car took didn't help but I think the trans may have been a bit stripped in it's life prior to this car. I also feel that I get a better grip from a steel screw than I do from an equal length aluminum screw. Has anybody seen this before?

I am looking forward to racing this Sunday! They change the layout every three weeks to keep it fair and interesting. I hope to get some video this weekend