East Edinger Manual

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

marlo
Approved Member

Re: East Edinger Manual

Post by marlo »

I was just wondering about kit manuals. BITD, if you needed a replacement manual, could one be bought from AE, and if so, did it come in a pack with a header card?

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

marlo wrote:BITD, if you needed a replacement manual, could one be bought from AE, and if so, did it come in a pack with a header card?

i use to get all kinds of manuals and catalogs for free when i called the associated office. when i bought a used buggy or truck i would just tell them what i needed and they would send it over. after a while i got put on their mailing lists automatically and got the current catalogs of the month. no header cards, just the manual or catalog in a large paper envelope.

i remember when the b2 or b3 came out that was was when they started charging for the manuals, and to ship them as well.

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Thank you very much for the reply. Since I've seen examples of AE T's nip with header, I just assumed everything came with a header.

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

no problem. that's one thing that i still regret to this day, tossing all the multiples of catalogs and manuals i had. SMH

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

Sure this post hasn't been updated in a decade but were there different versions of the manual that were before the yellow version?
I have a yellow East Edinger addressed manual, and I see that it make a few updated references, such as the change in wheel nuts. It also references win in 84 and 85 so at least the introduction was updated.

Were there earlier manuals that were different? Were the inverted rear shocks from the manual cover in the original setup?
Are there any places to read earlier manuals? I always assumed that white rc10 manuals were photocopies. Is there any way to tell a reproduction from an original?

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

White was first from my memory. I do not have the separate picture manual- originally there would have been two separate books. This references the original style rear shock cups and the servo savers being the same left and right. Also note the updates page to correct many things in the manual
Attachments
9C9D05E0-48C2-4429-8166-F304C5EA6D1F.jpeg
6AED4174-580B-4551-8138-C7F67A3CC04A.jpeg
9CAC7C16-0B11-4B15-8179-224C7BCAF841.jpeg
4B57034D-8247-46B3-A0D1-67921C3A4978.jpeg
FCCB6887-682A-47C8-B912-3ADEB59A73FA.jpeg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

GoMachV wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:39 am White was first from my memory. I do not have the separate picture manual- originally there would have been two separate books. This references the original style rear shock cups and the servo savers being the same left and right. Also note the updates page to correct many things in the manual
So no pictures at all for the build? That must have been brutal on anyone coming from a tamiya kit. Are those pictured from your manual or from else where?

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

There was a picture manual that went with it, I do not have it though. This is my manual.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

GoMachV wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:03 am There was a picture manual that went with it, I do not have it though. This is my manual.
So there was an all text version with a separate illustration booklet, then a supplement with additional build corrections. Would a complete set would be 3 pieces?

The beginning of my career was the end of manual plate making for printing. Even then the text was computer generated. The separate media makes the most sense in how it would have had to be combined. I wouldn't have been surprised if the combined manual was in production before the 1st kits were even out the door. The quality of those manuals was top notch given the integration of text, graphics and photography on the same pages.

Am I to take it that getting a hold of one of these sets of manuals is going to be neigh impossible?

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

First run would have likely been the text manual and the picture manual, then later adding the supplement leading next to the yellow manual with the print and text in one.
Factory Works website

pedro
Approved Member

Post by pedro »

Here's all three

Probably the only way you will find these is if you manage to find a very early car that still has the box.

Regards

Peter
Attachments
IMG_5403.1.JPG
IMG_5404.1.JPG
IMG_5405.1.JPG

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

pedro wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:54 am Here's all three

Probably the only way you will find these is if you manage to find a very early car that still has the box.

Regards

Peter
is there any possibility that you'd be willing to scan , or photograph, this for the site?

pedro
Approved Member

Post by pedro »

Hi there

I only have a camera are there any pages you want to see in particular?

Peter