jconcepts detonator for rc10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

59burst
Approved Member

jconcepts detonator for rc10

Post by 59burst »

google doesn't show any image yet
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDWAR

hope to see more parts and bodies from many companies as well :D

GoMachV
Approved Member

Re: jconcepts detonator for rc10

Post by GoMachV »

The spirit of the Detonator lives in the 1980’s, starting with the rear biased, over rear tower, hung cab, large window detail and roll-bar treatment outlining the stout individual pillars. The side-pods are simple, yet effectively cover the iconic aluminum tub chassis and skate by the latest in inboard electrical gear. Multiple side windows, including the vintage back window, stand out as class leading details. The front of the body slides just inside the front shock tower and nose brace tubes and gradually rises up to a center inlet scoop built into the hood. The back of the body has a powerful look, dipping down underneath the slick 5.5” wing and kicking up right at the rear adding flare and additional force over the rear-end. The Detonator pays homage to a selection of high-performance bodies from the late 80’s and early 90’s with a clean, cut to the chase desert buggy design and appeal.
Sounds promising!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

SteveK
Approved Member

Post by SteveK »

So glad it's not cab-forward (which was actually a popular design feature on road cars in the early 1990's).

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Yes, sounds very promising. Can't wait to see some pics.

teman
Approved Member

Post by teman »

Very cool to hear, maybe proline will roll out one of their own? :D
-Kevin

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

teman wrote:Very cool to hear, maybe proline will roll out one of their own? :D
maybe proline still has their original rc10 body molds. doubt it, but you never know....

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

scr8p wrote:
teman wrote:Very cool to hear, maybe proline will roll out one of their own? :D
maybe proline still has their original rc10 body molds. doubt it, but you never know....
Class One plz.

teman
Approved Member

Post by teman »

Either way, I hope so *fingers crossed* :wink: I'm sure I'm not the only one that has waaay too many Protechs and Vipers mounted to 10's :lol:
-Kevin

foots
Approved Member

Post by foots »

I have seen in the trucking business that molds are almost never destroyed. Most are owned by a mold company and either shipped to another injection company for a better profit or stored for future use. So I can't relate to past post of AE destroying molds. That doesn't hold true today with the automotive industry and I'm sure it wouldn't be the truth for Associated. Why would you hold molds for the RC10 whatever model and destroy them? That would be bad business or stupidity. That's not AE either way.

teman
Approved Member

Post by teman »

Is there anyone here that can pull some strings so we can see some product photos? :wink:
-Kevin

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

foots wrote:I have seen in the trucking business that molds are almost never destroyed. Most are owned by a mold company and either shipped to another injection company for a better profit or stored for future use. So I can't relate to past post of AE destroying molds. That doesn't hold true today with the automotive industry and I'm sure it wouldn't be the truth for Associated. Why would you hold molds for the RC10 whatever model and destroy them? That would be bad business or stupidity. That's not AE either way.
I hate to disagree, but.. First of all a vacuum mold for vacuum forming is a different beast than injection molding. I had worked in injection molding for ten years making everything from single use cameras to medical equipment to auto parts. I know for a fact that many molds get scrapped if the product is no longer viable. The cavities are pulled and usually scrapped while the base may be reused or scrapped. The cost to store and keep a mold from rusting can be very expensive.
On a side note, I just received a pair or rere rear arms and they are most definitly from a totally new and different mold than the originals. I am sure most of us thought this would be the case. The new parts look well made, almost no flash. The nylon may have a bit more fiberglass than the originals and the ejector pins are obviously located differently. I like 'em but just dont like the fact that they are imported from China like everything else. They could be made here so easily, cost aside. :(

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

The new rear arms are different from the originals... but I wonder how they compare to the worlds car rear arms mold wise. I know the worlds car arms are different then the early ones... perhaps it's that mold?

Chris
Losi - Jrx2, Pro, Jr2, Pro SE, JrxT, JrT, LXT, NXT, XXKE, XXTG+
Mini - T, LST, LST2, Crawler
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T
Crawlers - Trx4 Defender, Bootleg Bruiser Shelf Queen
-Bashers under contruction- Jrx2

vsefiream
Approved Member

Post by vsefiream »

I'll look again tonight I have a few black sets and a set of white worlds arms kicking around. I try and get some photos

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

I'm looking forward to seeing this body, I hope it's an excellent retro look. So tired of the protech(I always hated it) and too many vipers around now too....

JHarris
Approved Member

Post by JHarris »

Ok guys, I picked up 2 of these bodies today along with some accessories that are soon to be released. First the body...... If you read the description, and I mean read it very closely, it very accurately describes the new body. For me the most descriptive part is the sentence about paying homage to a selection of high performance bodies from the 80's and 90's. Once the body is released I think you will see the highlights of several of those bodies incorporated into this one. It's a unique piece and definitely will not be for everyone, but some will love it. Most importantly, it is NOT a Finnisher or Punnisher!

The accessories I picked up are very nice. With the re-release of the RC10 there will be a ton of accessories made by a bunch of different companies. The JC offerings will be unique in styling but high in quality. None of the new parts will be confused for previous versions or those offered by other companies.

Because none of the parts or the body have been released I can NOT post pictures. Once I am able to post pics, assuming someone doesn't beat me to it, I will do so. In the meantime I hope I have peaked your curiousity!