WOIN.2?

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Soncho Ponza
Approved Member

Re: rc10 mid

Post by Soncho Ponza »

That is way to much info with NO pics....

ASC6000
Approved Member

Post by ASC6000 »

Soncho Ponza wrote:ASC6000--thanks my friend you are my oldest RC friend...we hung out in early 80s before the rc10 came out talking and designing and messing with buggies building tracks and cars...
BFF before there were BFFs :wink: still here for ya. Me, Marcum, You in your Frog! 30 years ago...

midse
Approved Member

Post by midse »

midse wrote:
Soncho Ponza wrote:hijack away its all fun..lets get all these ideas in same place for this kind of mod...iv got a bunch of old pink dyed parts from a friend too....getting people to come up with OLD-NEW stuff is what this is all about ..
RC10th wrote:I love the "backyard" engineering of these types of cars, thinking outside the box and creating something spectacular.
midse wrote:Some local cars here in Australia
I assume this is Adrenaline RC? Good to see an interest in vintage and modernized vintage cars from all corners of the earth
ali

Yep, Adrenalin Arena. My RC10 G1 is done. Decided to keep it simple and use the original parts I had laying around for now. Can spend the money on tyres.

AA has so much traction that some 2wd guys are converting 4wd cars to 2wd for even more forward weight. One of the guys is a general and RC fabricator and has made this rocket. His facebook page is Bezerk RC. He'll make anything - very reasonable prices too.
[/url]https://www.facebook.com/BezerkRc/photos/pcb.640399166051028/640399146051030/?type=1&theater[url]

I counted about 5 RC10M conversions there last night - along with other vintage mid conversions. They've had to make a new class to split between the "engineered" and "kit" cars. The state indoor titles are being run soon which has a wall ride. They had a test of it last week. The wall will be carpeted. Can't wait. [/url]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=238928516315012&set=vb.169797873228077&type=2&theater[url]

The 2 top running 2wd Modified drivers have G10m's - One is made from a rere-worlds in the pic on the previous page and the other is from original parts. It was a top runner in it's day and the owner only recently converted it. He even won 2wd stock with the rear motor.

The blue one is a re re mid conversion - The yellow red one was a well preserved mod racer from back in the day. The owner of the blue one PB ( 17.5 stock) is equal to his open mod car average. Both cars often enter in 2wd stock and win by a fair margin. This is on a very high traction carpeted track with essentially 3 jumps, a ripple section and a wall ride.

Soncho Ponza
Approved Member

Post by Soncho Ponza »

Both those cars are great,, i can see a whole bunch of different ways they did things ,I want to see some body off shots...we all have such nut ball ways of looking at things .. some times just flipping a part over and looking at from a different view changes your whole thought process----I mean some yahoo takes a tranny fflips it over bolts it to a nose piece and :shock: THATS Fn COOL..4x4 build...THAT YAAHOO builds some cool chit.....

mikea96
Approved Member

Post by mikea96 »

I want some pics of the blue one without the body on.

Soncho Ponza
Approved Member

Post by Soncho Ponza »

oh wait ya you did that blue one is on page 5..

Soncho Ponza
Approved Member

Post by Soncho Ponza »

PICKED up a carbon chassis to start a rebuild IM NOT SURE IF I WANT TO DO gold or black side I also got a second chassis to do a T version too

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

I would love to take NIX10M to Adrenalin, hopefully these cars are still running. Rumor has it that Adrenalin is closing down though.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

midse
Approved Member

Post by midse »

RC10th wrote: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:24 am I would love to take NIX10M to Adrenalin, hopefully these cars are still running. Rumor has it that Adrenalin is closing down though.
Very old post...Yep Adrenalin closed - Andy Bishop's 6036 Graphite Mid was GOAT on the carpet.

Chewbacca
Approved Member

Re: WOIN.2?

Post by Chewbacca »

I can’t believe that I missed this thread, from 2014! I built my first mid motor graphite conversion around 2015. Nothing close to this level though!

All I can say is AWESOME BUILD!
*** POWDER - KING ***