Dad's RC10 Build

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ca-rj
Approved Member

Dad's RC10 Build

Post by ca-rj »

Be forewarned, I am terrible at keeping up on build threads, but I am going to do my best to keep this up. The plan is to print this out and give it to my Dad with the car---

A little background
My earliest memory of an RC car is my Dad's RC10. It had bearings (remember how expensive they were back then???), wiper speed control and a 7-cell battery pack. He had this really nice Andy's painted body for it. It was the coolest thing to me. When I was 7, my parents bought me an RC10. It was a short arm, bushing, wiper speed control car. I ran that thing for years and years. When the RC10T Team Truck came out, my Dad and I each bought one and built them together. Many happy hours were spend outside running them together.

Fast forward to now--- My Dad has no RC10's and I have four and an RC10T. I've been wanting to build him one and ship it to him and that is what this thread is all about. Today was the start of said project. It's pretty easy to buy one and send it to him, but where's the adventure in that? Instead, I have started cobbling parts from this box and that box to build him a car. I imagine this is what you old schoolers like about building RC10's. My goal is to complete the build in time to give it to him for Christmas. I want it to be a ready to run car. I don't have a large budget for this, so I'm going to use as many parts as I can find and only buy new parts that I don't have. I'm not sure what I am going to do about electronics yet---
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

ca-rj
Approved Member

Re: Dad's RC10 Build

Post by ca-rj »

This is what I am starting with---

The chassis is from an RC10T that I bought on Ebay. I discarded the chassis because it was tweaked.

It's a bit tweaked.

A little bit of hammering and some channel lock usage and I got it sorta straight. Good enough anyway. i imagine my Dad will drive this about three times so if it's not perfect, it's okay.

This is where I stopped for the evening. The plan is to bolt it all together, then take it apart and clean and dye all the white parts black and then reassemble it.
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)

ca-rj
Approved Member

Re: Dad's RC10 Build

Post by ca-rj »

Next task--- Find enough parts to build a Stealth.