Raborn/Andy's Pro Race build

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

fredswain
Approved Member

Raborn/Andy's Pro Race build

Post by fredswain »

I'm building several cars for Barry Raborn right now so I thought I'd show a few of them. Barry is a very creative person and going through his boxes of parts is a fun adventure into his mind in the late 80's and early 90's. I found a chassis he made as well as a bunch of Andy's parts and said this could make a great car. So here it is. This is a custom Andy's Pro Race kit with a twist.

Barry made the chassis for saddle packs but used the Bullet Racing Powerglide belt drive at the back and the Pro Race setup up front. It's cut from a Composite Craft blank with a 30 degree front kick.
Attachments
chassis bottom.jpg
chassis top.jpg
Raborn Racing Originals Shapeways store

fredswain
Approved Member

Re: Raborn/Andy's Pro Race build

Post by fredswain »

Here are the front and rear suspension. You can see the front end has the Pro Race bulkhead and arms as well as 15 degree carriers. I couldn't find a nice set of spindles so black RC10 parts will work just fine. The front tower is the long version. Barry didn't actually have a tower in his parts box but I had the tower with nothing to put it on so it's got a new home. This car will never be run so durability isn't much of a concern. At the rear are Andy's arm mounts and hub with Raborn arms. The universal sliders will be used in place of cvd's.
Attachments
front suspension.jpg
rear suspension.jpg

fredswain
Approved Member

Re: Raborn/Andy's Pro Race build

Post by fredswain »

Here comes the fun part! Let's see what this box holds. Time to start building a brand new Powerglide Belt Drive. These are all of the Powerglide parts that remain that were never sold, not counting the two on my cars and one that Barry has on his ROAR nats car. There aren't enough parts to build more than two more complete boxes. That's it.
Attachments
belt drive box.jpg
belt drive parts.jpg