gold pan Autism Awareness build thread

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

jwscab

Re: gold pan Autism Awareness build thread

Post by jwscab »

Tony Neisinger was a 14t quad motor. Very smooth and powerful torque curve, my brother ran that motor. It worked well in offroad, but I think it was really more of an oval/speedway motor.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

artfull dodger wrote:Havent forgotten you guys, life has been a bit crazy for my wife and I lately. Found out around Thanksgiving that her father has stage 4 lung cancer along with horrible COPD.

Feeling bad for you Mike! :(

artfull dodger
Approved Member

Post by artfull dodger »

Got a little money for my birthday, so the body is packed up to go off to fatty grafix for the special paint job. I also got front wheel bearings, so now its a rolling chassis. I am going to try and get the rest of the radio gear installed this week and see how the old motor runs. Life has been busy working to get on state health care as I cannot afford anything thru obamacare and to add me to my wife's health plan would cost more weekly than she brings home! Also working on the process for SSDI Disablity as I am unable to work a second job and the one I can work is very low wage. I am beyond mental exhaustion and sensory overload from just what I do now. I am the point of autistic meltdown or shutdown many days after work and need the rest of the day to recover. I hope to have the RC10 running under its own power and with a body sometime in April, depending how quick they can get the body back to me. Mike
Silly NT's, I have Aspergers!

artfull dodger
Approved Member

Post by artfull dodger »

Made some progress last night and today. Only spare radio I have that works, or atleast it did the last time I used it, is an old Airtronics 27mhz AM thing. Guess that will have to do for now. I got the motor hooked up, reciever mounted and one of my 5000mah Nimh batteries is on the charger. Will get her the first test here in a few min. Body is packed and ready to ship to the painter. Here is a pic of the rolling chassis and the radio. Mike

trek
Approved Member

Post by trek »

Just a heads up, I'm not sure if you will run into the same thing, but when I got back into running my RC10 a few years ago, I got out my trusty old XL2P as well as was doing something similar to you. I found the XL2P to be glitchy now. I even snagged a couple of more to try to make things work. I was never really able to get rid of the random glitches (I don't remember it doing that back in the day). Anyway, I ran across Hobbyking and ended up purchasing a modern 2.4 Turnigy 3XS FHSS. It is about $46 and has worked great. The receivers are about $12 if you have other cars and you can pair up quite a few vehicles to it. I'm not saying you need it, just keep it in mind.

RossA81

Post by RossA81 »

Nice looking resto! I still run my old Futaba Magnums with my only complaint being the fishing rod antenna!

Ross

artfull dodger
Approved Member

Post by artfull dodger »

Body is in the paint shop now, they advise it will be done in a week or so. I cant wait to see it. I will post up pics as soon as the painters send me some. Mike

artfull dodger
Approved Member

Post by artfull dodger »

Time for an update, finaly got the body back from the painter. Paint quality is top notch but they forgot to paint the wing for me, I hate clear wings, so I used the red wing off the other body I have, does not look to bad with it. Now I need some good vintage decals. Need a couple Team Novak decals since thats what speed controler I am running, all I have are Team Tekin that came with a vintage battery charger I was given. I will find a few small Autism decals beyond the one on the roof as well. Getting closer to being race ready. Still need the get the transmission to rear bulkhead brace/platform so I can tie the trans into the rear bulkhead and add the rear body mount. Mike