Rebuilding a B2

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

jeepy2013
Approved Member

Re: Rebuilding a B2

Post by jeepy2013 »

Not too much happening on the B2 rebuild right now, pretty much stopped at the spur gear. My original one isn't too bad really, just a little warped, but I figured I'd replace it while I was there. Twice now, I've ordered the correct looking 2 hole mounted spur gear on Ebay and twice I have received the new Kimbrough style, which WAS NOT what the seller had pictured on their listing. Heck on the second one, I even sent the seller message asking if this indeed was the correct spur gear that he had listed and pictured, he said yes it was and I still got the wrong one. :roll:

duckhead
Approved Member

Post by duckhead »

jeepy2013 wrote:Not too much happening on the B2 rebuild right now, pretty much stopped at the spur gear. My original one isn't too bad really, just a little warped, but I figured I'd replace it while I was there. Twice now, I've ordered the correct looking 2 hole mounted spur gear on Ebay and twice I have received the new Kimbrough style, which WAS NOT what the seller had pictured on their listing. Heck on the second one, I even sent the seller message asking if this indeed was the correct spur gear that he had listed and pictured, he said yes it was and I still got the wrong one. :roll:

You're are making good progress on your build, looks great. Might have to get back to my B2 build :lol:

Sorry to hear about your Ebay woes, I'd be curious to know who you have had trouble with lately as I have been having the same problems. Items listed with pictures depicting the old items and receiving re-release parts which fit, but are NOT the same thing to a person restoring a car. If you want to shoot me a PM we can exchange notes...

->Mark

Welshy40
Approved Member

Post by Welshy40 »

If your going to run it i would advise buying a B4 layshaft and VTS slipper clutch, as cars so much easier to drive with brushless motors. I bought an rpm gear cover for the b2/3 as well for the losi hydra drive as that gives enough room for the clutch.

Ive got ceramic diff balls and tungsten thrust race balls and bought rudebitz (in the uk) brass chassis plates plus redesigned the tower a bit to allow for large lipos.
Designer of the Lazer ZX / ZXR Tub Chassis (now available again from Fibre-Lyte)

Sponser links below
http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/
http://www.kamtec.co.uk/

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

I blame Tower for the wrong pictures compared to what is actually received. Most people just steal Towers photos for their listings. Many a time I've ordered AE things only to have them arrive looking completely different. Mufflers, headers, exhaust joiners, fuel tanks, exhaust gaskets, clutch shoes, 4-40 locknuts etc.....

Frustrating to say the least.....
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !