B2 Buildout

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bubbleboy
Approved Member

B2 Buildout

Post by Bubbleboy »

In my quest to own one of each generation of RC10 I started looking for a B2 about a year ago. Finding a NIB one wasn't happening, but did happen to stumble across a ton of NIB parts...and that was my demise. Little did I know leaving the hobby shop that day would eventually lead me down the path of financial despair, to end up with a Not-True B2. I should have waited and watched EBay for a legitament B2... as suggested by a predominant member of this forum...and it would have been about the same $ in the end.

Anyway, as a couple more parts come in, I have a couple of questions.

1) The ballcups of an original B2 are shorter in length than the black ballcups we buy today. Can someone who has an original tell me how long they are, as I would like to cut mine down to the proper size
2) For front tires, is there much difference between 6877 and 6878?
3) Apparently the original B2 chassis did not have holes for the anti roll bar. Can someone take a picture of the rear of their B2 chassis so I can compare it against the NIB chassis I found

Pics to follow as I make progress.

Thanks all!
I killed an Edinger...the shame

RS Chris
Approved Member

Re: B2 Buildout

Post by RS Chris »

Cool build. Awaiting progress pics. Had a B2 myself for about a month,then got ripped off on it when I sold it. Guy that screwed me over has a foot to the backside coming if I ever see him.
Current:RC10T, T3 FT, GT Blue Tub, GT FT, GT2 FT, GT5, RC28, SC28, Micro RS4.

Previous:B2, B3, B3 FT, 10T pink chassis, GT FT, TC3, TC3 FT, RS4MT
Tamiya TA02, Thunder Tiger TS4N pro, Kyosho VoneR, Emaxx, MX4, MP 7.5, 7.5 Kanai.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

I took a look last night and they are the same cups that I used on a build recently. This is the kit that is cups and balls and nuts. I'll dig up the number when I'm at a PC. Not sure if they are still available but I'm sure tower would have stock.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

ASC6271

Bummer, looks like it's discontinued, but I found it in a couple places. There is also a T3 kit of cups still available.

asc7230

Bubbleboy
Approved Member

Post by Bubbleboy »

jwscab wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:08 am I took a look last night and they are the same cups that I used on a build recently. This is the kit that is cups and balls and nuts. I'll dig up the number when I'm at a PC. Not sure if they are still available but I'm sure tower would have stock.
Looks like I'm in luck then, as I'm pretty sure that's the set I have. For some reason I though the length of the ballcups were shorter than these. Thanks for looking!

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

there is a some information from slotcarrods thread regarding the extra set of holes in the chassis.

check here there is a good shot of the chassis where the holes aren't. if the chassis you have has them, it's a later chassis, but could also be correct one if you damaged your original as a 'replacement' from AE.
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10942&hilit=rc10b2

Bubbleboy
Approved Member

Post by Bubbleboy »

Thank you for the link to Rod's thread! That's exactly what I needed.

Unfortunately, looking at the chassis and top plate, they both have holes, even though AE has labelled them as B2 parts.

In the meantime, went through all the parts, screw by screw, matching them up with the steps in the manual. Missing a couple of screws and for some reason, some front linkage. Anyway, all ordered up, and should be here in a couple of weeks. Thread will resume then.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

Again, the b2 was short lived and b3 followed right behind so if it had b2 on the package, and nothing noting b3, it's still a 'valid' replacement part. Since you are building from scratch, I'd consider that as accurate as you can be. Of course you can build it and later replace any parts that keep you up at night. :lol:

Bubbleboy
Approved Member

Post by Bubbleboy »

And keep me up it will! :lol:

This is why I plan to keep all the tags from this build :D

abailey21
Approved Member

Post by abailey21 »

Bubbleboy wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:21 pm And keep me up it will! :lol:

This is why I plan to keep all the tags from this build :D
Did you keep the prices too? lol

R Cane
Approved Member

Post by R Cane »

Yeah, it was the price to pick up some of those parts that kept me up at night when I did mine...
:cry:

Bubbleboy
Approved Member

Post by Bubbleboy »

Made some great progress today. Found out I need a couple of things, of which I posted in Wanted section. Bit of a shocker I got the wrong outdrive, but it was one of the few that wasn't a NIB part.

FYI, if you order 9145 black ballstuds from Associated, they're steel coloured, not black. EBay to the rescue.

Again, here are some pics of "B2" parts that differ from what an original kit car would be. You can see the sway bar holes on the top plate and holes above the ball stud mount in the chassis.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Nice B3 you are building. :P :lol: Good luck finding an original medium length B2 chassis and top plate!

What black ball studs are you talking about? B2 used the same steel ball studs as the original RC10's. Black ball studs started coming out on the TC3 in 1999.

Bubbleboy
Approved Member

Post by Bubbleboy »

LOL, thanks Rod. I will always be looking out for those two parts. At least the rest of it is pretty darn close. Now if I could just find the left outdrive I could get the tranny in.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Sorry I was wrong about the black ball studs. I forgot about the 2 special 9145 studs for the front shock tower. :oops: All the others are 8 silver long 6273 and 6 silver short 6270 .

These guys have the black ones if you still need them: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LX3181&P=7

I'm working on the B2's for the 25 year thread right now so I will up date that soon.