Alloys (T&A)???

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

dinglem
Approved Member

Alloys (T&A)???

Post by dinglem »

Just grabbed these off eBay - thought they looked pretty cool 8)

They were on an Andy's car which didn't reach the reserve, so I messaged the seller and asked if I could buy the rims only.

Has anybody seen them before, and if so what are they?

They look very similar to some my father used to turn up himself bitd (which we still have numerous sets of).

I just figured it would be easier to buy this set rather than having to make more....

Any thoughts on diameter?

s-l1600 55.jpg
s-l1600 55.jpg (60.73 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
s-l1600 55.jpg
s-l1600 55.jpg (60.73 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
front.jpg
front.jpg (42.03 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
front.jpg
front.jpg (42.03 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
s-l1600 (1).jpg
CAT SWB&XL, Meteor (x3), RC10 custom, RC10 Graphite, Goldpan, 870c (x2), Works 91, Samurai, Pro Radiant (x2), Mini Mustang&Maxima, Mid Turbo, TOP Hybrid , Coyote, Hot Trick Optima, Supercharge, Brimod, 'Rory Cull' Hotshot, SRB.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: Alloys

Post by klavy69 »

T&A for the rears and thought the fronts to be them too but can't find the pix right now to verify...

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

dinglem
Approved Member

Re: Alloys

Post by dinglem »

That's brilliant - many thanks for posting T&A. Not heard of those before but a quick search and i see you are right. Great!

Can't find any info or pictures like the fronts though - i shall keep on digging. I actually really like the hole layout on the fronts, and although they are different to the rears they actually compliment one another when i saw them mounted on the car.

They will polish up nicely. Looking at the others i have just found after you gave me the name they are all 2.0inch diameter.
CAT SWB&XL, Meteor (x3), RC10 custom, RC10 Graphite, Goldpan, 870c (x2), Works 91, Samurai, Pro Radiant (x2), Mini Mustang&Maxima, Mid Turbo, TOP Hybrid , Coyote, Hot Trick Optima, Supercharge, Brimod, 'Rory Cull' Hotshot, SRB.

OUTLAWD
Approved Member

Re: Alloys (T&A)???

Post by OUTLAWD »

Foiled! I was eyeing that car for the rims. That seller seems to have very optimistic reserves though. Nice find!
RC10 WC re-re / SC10.2 / RC10 CE / 2x RC10GT-E / Futaba FX10

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

Was a very nice looking car I thought. I momentarily considered bidding on it myself, but I watched it to the end and it didn't seem to rush up as i had expected it to. I was only really after the wheels also, so I thought I would contact the seller and negotiate a price.

Really pleased to have purchased them now, but would love confirmation on what the fronts are. If anybody has a link to some T&A adverts or any info at all it would be very much appreciated.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Although I've never seen that hole pattern before, i would put money on the fronts being T&A as well.

pan n 4 gold pan

Post by pan n 4 gold pan »

I'll look and see. I may have the package for the last set I bought. I have 2 pairs. My buddy was bidding on that car. Nice wheels!

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

Yes that would be great, many thanks.

The larger hole diameter in both styles looks to be the same, so i am leaning towards them both being T&A also. I love them!

Are the pairs you have 2inch also?

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

scr8p wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:58 am Although I've never seen that hole pattern before, i would put money on the fronts being T&A as well.
There is a picture of the fronts in an ad in the scans section. It was a black and white 'scan' of an ad that was pretty hard to see...thinkin it was still in the magazine and it was hard to see since it was folded over. I remember seeing the ad when we were moving all the old forum stuff into the new sections. I just can't find it now but I also see alot of the picture links are bad too so it might be gone. I was almost certain it was in a T&A ad that had a picture of a buggy with these wheels on it. If I find it I'll confirm but yeah...not enuf time in the day :oops:

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

Thanks Todd - that's great info. I have had somebody on the book of face also say the fronts are definitely T&A, but it would be great to actually see a period advert to 100% confirm. They do look like a set, and i absolutely love them, so i'm happy either way. They must be scarce to non-existent where I am over in the UK too.

Timmahhh
Approved Member

Post by Timmahhh »

I was high bidder on that car. Which was surprising with what i bid.

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

Timmahhh wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:03 pm I was high bidder on that car. Which was surprising with what i bid.
It was a gorgeous car I thought. Part of me wanted to bid on it, but then I already have two RC10 builds underway and so a third would just be pointless! Loved the wheels though, so when it didn't sell I threw him an offer. Really chuffed!

OUTLAWD
Approved Member

Post by OUTLAWD »

I bid up to $150...but seeing his other auctions, I knew the reserve would be more than I was willing to spend. A buddy wanted the RPM car he had listed, so he messaged him after the auction and got a response to the effect that another RPM car he had sold for $700...
RC10 WC re-re / SC10.2 / RC10 CE / 2x RC10GT-E / Futaba FX10

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

It was certainly a nice looking machine - although 700 seems a lot!!! I wonder how much time and effort went in to sourcing all of those parts?

It was the wheels which did it for me though - not cheap either but dramatically alter the look of any car they are going on to. Worth it in my eyes I think. Particularly the fronts....

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

I should also add that the front tyres shown are CRP DYNAMITE RACING items. Super-cool, especially with the logo showing on the sidewall. It would look amazing painted - although possibly a little tricky :shock:

I've now tracked down a new pair.

dynamite racing.jpg
dynamite racing.jpg (57.09 KiB) Viewed 1411 times
dynamite racing.jpg
dynamite racing.jpg (57.09 KiB) Viewed 1411 times
dynamite tyres.jpg