Dandy Dash

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Willy4020

Dandy Dash

Post by Willy4020 »

Good morning all!

I found my Dandy Dash that had been sitting at my parents house for a while. I took it to Hobbytown USA here in Dallas to get a few things repaired, but I found out that may not be possible. I know that someone might be able to repair or even want to purchase it from me. I have complete pictures of it and all. Details: I don't know about its operation as the battery pack was too old to charge. It was, however working the last time I used it. There is a broken rear control arm and one cracked control arm. That's the reason I cant get it operational...no parts anymore.

I have the Dandy Dash, controller, the original Dandy Dash box, manual, spare parts book & order form for parts, and warranty card. I have original (new in packaging) damper oil, screw set, misc. spare parts, antenna stick, and zip ties.

I also have two original Dandy Dash clear, uncut shells (one with the original wrapper still on it) Dandy Dash driver, and original sticker sheet all in the original packaging.

I tried to attach pictures of all of this, but they are too large.

Any thoughts as to what I can do with it?

tamiyadan
Approved Member

Re: Dandy Dash

Post by tamiyadan »

Willy4020

Post by Willy4020 »

Sorry about posting this in the wrong area. I dont know much about these cars and with tons of links I just saw a vintage section and thought that was correct. I also thought this was a buggy.

Either way, Im just looking for some help as to what to do with it and where. I am aware that it is a nice car, and didnt want to trash it.

Thanks for posting such a long and detailed reply. very cool info!!

The guys at Hobby town told me to come here and post it. Youre the only one who replied so maybe its not that important or the wrong area to post. Im not much for forums and dont have time to check that much. I may just put it on ebay and see what happens.

Thanks again for the pictures and info. Again, thats reallly cool to see all that stuff.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Since your not taking the advise and continuing to try to sell it, I have edited those parts from your posts. When you have buy/sell/trade access you can list it properly. Until then, please read thru the rules as future posts that are against the rules will be deleted without this warning.

We are happy to have you here, and we all like to help where we can- but if you came here just to sell it, you'd be way further ahead on ebay
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Willy4020

Post by Willy4020 »

Again, sorry for the confusion.

I just looked at the B/S/T area and I wont hit a requirement of posting things multiple times before granted access because this isnt a hobby of mine. I dont really have anything to offer.

Here was my thought. Since the guys at Hobby town freaked out and said that someone would want it I should post here on this website. Since it appears that this site is full of RC enthusiasts I would put it up here. If you would like to give me access to the B/S/T section I will read the rules and post it.

If not, I do understand and I will post on eBay or something. Just wanted it to go to an enthusiast before I threw it online somewhere to the general public.

Thanks again, and sorry for the problems.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

even with BST access you wont get eBay money from an enthusiast site-like this. Id be posting it on eBay.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

tamiyadan
Approved Member

Post by tamiyadan »