B4, B5 or World's for Street Stock / Bomber Dirt Oval Racing

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

JatoTheRipper

B4, B5 or World's for Street Stock / Bomber Dirt Oval Racing

Post by JatoTheRipper »

What is the best chassis for street stock or bomber dirt oval racing and why? I have a World's car that I'm not using, but I also have the potential to buy a NIB B5 for $165. It seems like the B4 has the most aftermarket parts for oval racing though. Does anybody make B5 stuff. I'd prefer to go with a B5 because it's stronger and a better handling design.

Thank you!

lmw94002
Approved Member

Re: B4, B5 or World's for Street Stock / Bomber Dirt Oval Racing

Post by lmw94002 »

I've also seen SC10s converted for dirt oval. That might also be a platform to explore as there are a lot of them available.
--
RC10CE 6-gear, RC10 Team, 10L, 10LSS, Worlds, B2, B4 TC, FT TC3, Nitro SC8, SC18, RC18LM, FT SC10.2, Worlds-ReRe, B6, B6D
--Builds--
SSC10 build - http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=41740

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

I think it's pretty safe to say there's been more after-market parts made to convert the original RC10 into a dirt oval car than any other RC buggy produced so far. Your World's car would be the easiest option to get racing quickly.

Dirt oval doesn't gain as much from modern suspension advancements as Off-Road racing does. While you may be faster with a B4 over a World's car I wouldn't expect a B5 to be significantly faster than a B4....especially in a slower Street Stock class. A B5M might offer more of an advantage over a rear-motor B4 but Street Stock classes are typically rules-heavy, and might not allow mid-motor cars. Check with your track before considering. :wink:

JatoTheRipper

Post by JatoTheRipper »

lmw94002 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:47 am I've also seen SC10s converted for dirt oval. That might also be a platform to explore as there are a lot of them available.
I think the SC10 would be too big for street stock. And I'm going to keep that as an SC for now. Thanks for your input.
Phin wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:07 pm I think it's pretty safe to say there's been more after-market parts made to convert the original RC10 into a dirt oval car than any other RC buggy produced so far. Your World's car would be the easiest option to get racing quickly.

Dirt oval doesn't gain as much from modern suspension advancements as Off-Road racing does. While you may be faster with a B4 over a World's car I wouldn't expect a B5 to be significantly faster than a B4....especially in a slower Street Stock class. A B5M might offer more of an advantage over a rear-motor B4 but Street Stock classes are typically rules-heavy, and might not allow mid-motor cars. Check with your track before considering. :wink:
That was the plan since I'm not using the World's car. But I just made an offer for a NIB RC10B5 on eBay. The seller was asking a crazy $289. I made a $150 offer. He counteroffered with $165 shipped so I bought it. It should be here next week.

My track does not allow mid motor. But if they ever do I now have the option to switch to mid motor as well.

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

If it’s the new worlds car, you already have the top shaft to run the modern spurs. You can make an RC10 run with the B4s! Since you picked up the new car, I’d say pick up some factory works or similar towers to mount the big bore shocks!